Author Topic: Cnicht?  (Read 3853 times)

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
Re: Cnicht?
« Reply #15 on: 22:22:25, 07/03/18 »
Now, its what's called helping out another fellow walker, who is a stranger to the beauty of the Rhinogs, especially so early in the season.

I used to walk the Brecon Beacons for many years, and plan to revisit them sometime this year, but if i was venturing North in search of pastures new, i would gladly accept a guided tour in a strange environment.

I would sincerely hope most forum members would offer similar assistance, but we are all different, some go out of their way to help, whilst other's are a bit more hesitant.

Ive never walked the Cumbrian fells, so would jump at the chance of a guided tour from another forum member who would keep their appointment, no matter what.

He can accept my offer or decide to go it alone, but either way, the offer is there, and i can recommend one heck of a great tea room for a spot of nosh, before or after.
« Last Edit: 22:27:10, 07/03/18 by Dyffryn Ardudwy »

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 23:07:33, 07/03/18 »

Salivating now Phil  O0
I’ll keep you a piece Jon  ;D
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 23:14:09, 07/03/18 »
Thank you DA I may take you up on that, but it will be myself, my better half and Twm the collie. I have walked the Roman steps, Bwlch Tyddiad area before as more of a recce really when staying in Brithdir near Dolgellau. The route I was thinking of takes in Clip then into the badlands, only around 6 miles but you know what the Rhinogs are like.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 06:37:37, 08/03/18 »
Thank you DA I may take you up on that, but it will be myself, my better half and Twm the collie. I have walked the Roman steps, Bwlch Tyddiad area before as more of a recce really when staying in Brithdir near Dolgellau. The route I was thinking of takes in Clip then into the badlands, only around 6 miles but you know what the Rhinogs are like.

count me in too! maybe we could have an impromtu Rhinogs meet soon?

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 06:57:54, 08/03/18 »
Looks like the snow has returned with a vengeance 😮
 https://ogwen-rescue.org.uk/webcams/

Pura Vida

« Reply #20 on: 12:57:05, 08/03/18 »
Hi, I supervise DofE gold teams on the Rhinogs each year, twice this year. We avoid the FP through Clip due to the bottomless bogs on the NE side. Just sayin!

Great area to explore. Wherever you go make sure that your boots are waterproof as the bogs on the Rhinogs will find you out.  :) O0

Robin
Show a man a route then he will have an Adventure; Teach a man to navigate then he will have many adventures

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 13:38:11, 08/03/18 »
Hi, I supervise DofE gold teams on the Rhinogs each year, twice this year. We avoid the FP through Clip due to the bottomless bogs on the NE side. Just sayin!

Great area to explore. Wherever you go make sure that your boots are waterproof as the bogs on the Rhinogs will find you out.  :) O0

Robin
Good info and thanks, never been bothered by bogs though, try parts of mid Wales for bog trotting  ::)

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 13:50:51, 08/03/18 »

count me in too! maybe we could have an impromtu Rhinogs meet soon?
Just hoping for half decent weather Glyn and we’re there from 16th - 19th

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy