Author Topic: cowal way  (Read 1835 times)

lotbru

cowal way
« on: 13:24:26, 15/05/08 »
hi there,
I'm thinking about walking the Cowal Way in Argyll this june. Would like to read your comments on that.
Still looking for a copy of the book as well, but I don't seem to be able to order one. Does anyone know where to get it (and wether it would be possible to ship it to Amsterdam or to buy it in Glasgow/Dunoon/...?)

muymalestado

Re: cowal way
« Reply #1 on: 11:31:03, 19/05/08 »
Welcome lotbru; and good luck with the CW.
I think this next one will be the top ...

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:01:30, 19/05/08 »
To get the book if you go to www.ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_publication.php?publication_id=3791 you can buy it from there via Amazon who I'm sure would ship it to you.

Do please tell us all about it when you have completed it as I, for one, had never even heard of it.

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:52:41, 19/05/08 »
It's kinda new so there's not a great deal of info on it, but it passes through some great scenery and builds to a grand climax!

About Argyll have some good info on their site. They have a listing in the walking holidays section of this site I seem to remember.

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

the coot

« Reply #4 on: 07:44:59, 20/05/08 »
The Cowal way has been around for a few years now, I've not encountered it, but TOH used to work in Dunoon and came across it a few times while he was trying to visit all the trig points in the area (don't ask). Of course there is also the Island way on Bute, so you could start at the southern end of Bute and combine the two.

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 09:04:36, 20/05/08 »
Hi Coot,
Sounds like TOH could make a valuable contribution to the "Favourite Trig Point" thread!

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy