Author Topic: Mountain - Life at the Extreme. TV programme BBC2  (Read 2971 times)

RubberSoul

Quite an incredible series http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b093xhxm

OK it isn't strictly about walking, but I hope that you don't mind me posting the link. The series so far has been amazing in illustrating life on the mountains around the world. The people, the weather, geography, geology, wildlife, food. Well done Beeb.

adalard

• Veteran Member
Re: Mountain - Life at the Extreme. TV programme BBC2
« Reply #1 on: 21:54:58, 13/09/17 »
Yes, I agree. Haven't seen tonight's - we usually watch on iPlayer later in week but the previous episodes have been compulsive viewing. The cinematography is simply breathtaking.

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 22:32:14, 13/09/17 »
Excellent series O0

buntonn

« Reply #3 on: 07:27:30, 14/09/17 »
Really enjoyed the first two, can't remember what night it is on, but looking forward to seeing the next episode.

Desperately trying to escape and venture in the wild outdoors...

walkingthedog

« Reply #4 on: 15:27:01, 14/09/17 »
Thanks for the heads up will be watching on catch up. O0

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 14:50:40, 16/09/17 »
I've just watched the three programmes back to back. Very good photography but I thought the commentary was a bit dull and repetitive and they tried too cover area to much in one programme. An enjoyable watch through. The earlier Yellowstone documentary and Wild China I believe were better.

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 08:42:22, 17/09/17 »
I've just watched the three programmes back to back. Very good photography but I thought the commentary was a bit dull and repetitive and they tried too cover area to much in one programme. An enjoyable watch through. The earlier Yellowstone documentary and Wild China I believe were better.

I don't mind the commentary so much but I agree that there's too much to cover in one episode - I felt that especially with the latest one about the Andes. Each range could fill a series (or mini-series) of its own really.

Didn't see the Wild China programme but the series on Yellowstone was absolutely fantastic.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy