Author Topic: Tommorows possible walk  (Read 1119 times)

Davon

Tommorows possible walk
« on: 16:11:48, 13/10/17 »

Hi
Was thinking about a walk from Martindale church up Steel knots to Wetherhill, Loadpot ,Bonscale and finally down to Arthurs pike . Has anyone here done this and consider it ok following recent rain .Is it marshy ,river crossings etc  Also will I be able to get my car along to Martindale ok ( fords/floods etc )

Davon

Re: Tommorows possible walk
« Reply #1 on: 20:13:42, 13/10/17 »

No one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:21:58, 13/10/17 »
To expect a response within 4hrs is a bit wishful on a general subject, at this time the lake district contributors will be quaffing wine, or the clag will have closed down all broad band connections  ::)

give em a bit more time to read your post. :D
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Davon

« Reply #3 on: 20:25:26, 13/10/17 »
Fair comment . Just wanna want to know whether to fill  my backpack ;) Waited all week for the weekend

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:34:28, 13/10/17 »
I've done that walk in reverse but don't know how the current weather is affecting it or the road.
There is a stream to cross between Steel Knotts and Wether Hill but I don't think you will have any problems with it.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:49:02, 13/10/17 »
Currently en route to the Lakes myself. Given the amount of rain and the forecast for the next couple of days it's probably safe to say take full waterproofs and know how to use them!

From previous reports I've read, Loadpot is boggy at the best of times so assume swamp conditions.

Fraid I don't know about river conditions but, again, given the recent rain, etc. expect them to be swollen.

Enjoy your squelch round the fells...I know I will :D

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:04:51, 13/10/17 »
Hope you both have a good time up there despite everything.

Davon

« Reply #7 on: 22:18:07, 13/10/17 »
Thanks for reply'sYes I feel its going to be very wet under foot , but warm . Hill fog may be low too. The things we do to bag a few !!.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 20:07:06, 15/10/17 »
I ended up staying low level for my walks seeing as I've not yet seen anything of Skiddaw, Blencathra or Helvellyn which are on my doorstep-ish, due to low cloud. Waterfalls have been fantastic though! Many flooded fields and roads. Hope you managed to bag your fells Davon.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 21:45:03, 15/10/17 »
at this time the lake district contributors will be quaffing wine,

Correct
 :-[  :-[    ;D

A bit late now, but it will be a bit more wet underfoot than normal, I think the roads will be ok though

We ended up in Patterdale Saturday and the weather was better than expected, we even had sunshine for a few hours. I hope your walk was ok, sorry we missed the post.

I did come back with a little friend..... a very small tick on my ankle that I almost didn't see. It was so small we couldn't tell if it was a tick or not. After it was removed (with tick removal tool) I took a photo of it. I enlarged the shot and it was defo a tick, the first I've ever had as far as I know.
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy