Author Topic: 2 Days in Lake District - Feb  (Read 577 times)

bigalxyz

2 Days in Lake District - Feb
« on: 12:55:53, 01/02/18 »
Hello forum,

A friend and I are planning a couple of days in the Lake District about 2 weeks from now.

Hoping to find a nice 2 day walk. Thinking perhaps 20-25 miles ish in total, hopefully with somewhere reasonably priced (YHA if open, or B&B) to stay overnight and have a few pints and a good feed.

Given the time of year I might prefer to avoid getting too high up in case the weather turns nasty (this could still happen lower down of course!).

Does anyone have any nice suggestions for such a trip? Haven't been to the Lakes for quite some time so I've forgotten where the best places are.

We'll be travelling by car so I'll need to think about car parking too. Also preferably a circular walk to get back to the start where we park, although that's not essential.

Thanks!

Alan.

henryb

• Veteran Member
Re: 2 Days in Lake District - Feb
« Reply #1 on: 20:57:32, 01/02/18 »
Alan - the main accommodation providers are based in Keswick and Ambleside. Low level northern walks - latrigg and walla crag/ walla crag and Cat Bells/ Castle crag, Kings How and Great Crag from Grange. If Ambleside - try Loughrigg fell, Silver How, Blea Rigg and Tarn Crag. Another possibility is the Greenburn Horseshoe from Grasmere. Coniston - head for Holme fell, Tarn Hows, Black fell. Hope this helps, Henry

bigalxyz

Re: 2 Days in Lake District - Feb
« Reply #2 on: 08:05:03, 02/02/18 »
Thanks Henry. Am looking at Ambleside (possibly staying at the YHA there which seems to be open in Feb). I'll have a look at the walks you suggested - I'm most grateful.

Best,
Alan.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy