Author Topic: New book purchase this afternoon  (Read 637 times)

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
New book purchase this afternoon
« on: 18:29:37, 10/06/18 »
Wow, ive just purchased a new publication on the history and walks in the Rhinogs.
Most of the really good guide books are way out of print, but browsing around Barmouth this afternoon, a new publication titled " The Rhinogydd The Ancient Routes and Old Roads" by Jean Napier.
Only £5.95, but what a stunning read, with some magnificent photography.

It has not been in print that long, but its certainly a book worth looking at, to be inspired when thinking of a walk in Southern Snowdonia.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: New book purchase this afternoon
« Reply #1 on: 18:40:21, 10/06/18 »
Thanks for the heads up Dyffryn - this is an area I have not walked much of - so have invested in the book this afternoon.

Paul

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
Re: New book purchase this afternoon
« Reply #2 on: 18:49:27, 10/06/18 »
You will certainly be inspired when you read this nice publication.
Even though most of the locations in the book are familiar to me, its the way a professional photographer catches the mood and lighting of these stunningly beautiful and often very rugged mountains.
Publications on just the Rhinogs, are few and far between, as their not high on the list for the casual visitor to Snowdonia,  but the southern area nearer Barmouth, are very similar to the Brecon Beacons, rolling hillside all on easy grass.

Ask the majority of day visitors to Snowdon, where are the Rhinogs located , and i bet most of them would have little idea.

Their a very neglected area of the National Park, which is a good thing, as path erosion is very slight, no litter has been discarded, and if one want's quiet contemplation in stunningly beautiful surroundings, they have a lot to offer.

Its the Northern Rhinogs that have been given the name of the Welsh Badlands, but one does not have to venture anywhere near the summits of Rhinog Fawr and Fach, to get a truly memorable outing in this very quiet part of Snowdonia.

I am sure you will enjoy the book, as the photography is stunning.
« Last Edit: 18:54:18, 10/06/18 by Dyffryn Ardudwy »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy