Author Topic: Summer Boots  (Read 1835 times)

Little Foot

Re: Summer Boots
« Reply #15 on: 19:43:19, 08/07/20 »
I've managed to score some Altberg Lady Fremington's from eBay, brand new, for £120 inc delivery. Unsure if they'll be a good fit but if not I'll just put them back up for sale, plus I paid with PayPal credit so have four months to sort payment.

I'm hoping to get to Go Outdoors tomorrow FOB. Was it good for offers or pretty much the same as always? Oh, and we're the toilets open please?  :-\  I just need a trekking pole, or pair. I have one but my son pinches it.

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 19:00:46, 09/07/20 »

I'm hoping to get to Go Outdoors tomorrow FOB. Was it good for offers or pretty much the same as always? Oh, and we're the toilets open please?  :-\  I just need a trekking pole, or pair. I have one but my son pinches it.

I thought the offers were good, but then I only go about once a year. Most was 20% off. I find their pricing confusing. Because they are items I don't buy often I never know what the RRP is anyway. My receipt says I saved £127.29 by using the discount card, which you have to pay £5 for. Didn't ask about the toilets.

ilona

Little Foot

« Reply #17 on: 10:27:29, 11/07/20 »
I always take my phone to google prices on the go. The place is a bit difficult to get to on bus, so I walk, which is why I wanted to know if the toilets were open.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 13:32:46, 11/07/20 »
Hooray, got my new boots, same as before, Berghaus Hillwalker11 GTX.

Ilona - are these boots the ones with the very low ankle cuffs at the back? (almost like a "V" in comparison to a normal boot's ankle cuff).  I think I've looked at these as a "boot-y" alternative for my tendon problem.

(sorry for the thread hijack little foot  :-[  )

Davidedgarjones

« Reply #19 on: 14:40:13, 11/07/20 »
My summer boots are from Decathlon - Forclaz Trek 100 cost £60. very pleased with them so far. Decent heel fit and roomy toe-box. Mine are size 44 which is my standard walking boot size (cf size 43 for shoes). Best used on gravelly grassy paths; not so good on rocky stony going. Dave, BTW 2 year guarantee.

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 23:01:18, 12/07/20 »

Ilona - are these boots the ones with the very low ankle cuffs at the back? (almost like a "V" in comparison to a normal boot's ankle cuff).  I think I've looked at these as a "boot-y" alternative for my tendon problem.
(sorry for the thread hijack little foot  :-[  )

Yes, that sounds about right. Quite low at the back.

ilona

PS. I don't differentiate between summer or winter boots. I wear the same boots all the year round.

Little Foot

« Reply #21 on: 08:22:13, 13/07/20 »
No need to apologise about thread hijacking Mel.  :)

My summer boots are from Decathlon - Forclaz Trek 100 cost £60. very pleased with them so far. Decent heel fit and roomy toe-box. Mine are size 44 which is my standard walking boot size (cf size 43 for shoes). Best used on gravelly grassy paths; not so good on rocky stony going. Dave, BTW 2 year guarantee.

I've been looking at Decathlon more as they seem to have some good gear, so will consider them if these Alt-berg don't work out.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy