Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276186 times)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #915 on: 20:33:12, 30/10/19 »
...also had an interesting walk along the shore below the cliffs of Humphrey Head, a remarkable finger of limestone sticking out into Morecambe Bay. Harebells, Scabious and Bloody Cranesbill still in flower on the limestone cliffs. Lovely  :)

But no Goldilocks Aster :(
« Last Edit: 20:50:15, 30/10/19 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #916 on: 19:15:57, 01/11/19 »
Just back from an afternoon on Bodmin moor.  Quite a storm blowing in on the tops. 

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #917 on: 03:27:40, 05/11/19 »
We had a break from baby sitting today so we grabbed the chance for walk round the Blue Lake (Tikitapu) near Rotorua.  Only 5.5 km but a super bush walk.

Slight cheat, picture 1 was taken a few days previously so I didn’t bother to do it again. Thought some of you in the UK might appreciate the sight of a blue sky.
Solvitur Ambulando

photonut

« Reply #918 on: 08:29:45, 05/11/19 »
Sky?.... what's that?

Nice pics Ninthace... looks warm and rather delightful

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #919 on: 19:15:16, 05/11/19 »
Will look that one up Mrs G would enjoy it.
« Last Edit: 20:01:33, 05/11/19 by BuzyG »

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #920 on: 20:04:20, 05/11/19 »
Might look that one up Mrs G would enjoy it.
Only a 20 min run from the Redwoods up Tarawera Road.  She would like the Redwoods too. Try the circuit up to the Quarry lookout, Green Trail

Edited for Trail Colour. Just walked it.
« Last Edit: 23:01:48, 05/11/19 by ninthace »
Solvitur Ambulando

Pitboot

« Reply #921 on: 08:41:08, 06/11/19 »
Off to Austria today, Salzburg area. hope to get in some nice walks.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #922 on: 08:54:00, 06/11/19 »
I would have suggested the Geiereck via the Untersbergbahn but at this time of year the snow may already be down.  Have fun anyway. Loads to do in the area.
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #923 on: 17:22:32, 16/11/19 »
Spent the day walking around Singapore today.  So much has changed since I was last here 37 years ago. 

Thank goodness for Raffels Hotel, exactly as I remember it, complete with doorman.   O0

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #924 on: 17:38:51, 16/11/19 »
Spent the day walking around Singapore today.  So much has changed since I was last here 37 years ago. 

Especially Bugis Street.  Used to be very educational for a young sailor such as myself.  I never got into Raffles though, last time I was there it was closed. On the other hand, the Singapore Hilton remains the best place I have ever been thrown out of. (1974)
Solvitur Ambulando

harry_keogh

« Reply #925 on: 19:34:18, 18/11/19 »
Off for a walk in the Dark Peak tomorrow from Alport Castles then across to Margery Hill. Looking forward to it as I haven't been out as much as I'd like to recently

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #926 on: 09:38:40, 19/11/19 »

Especially Bugis Street.  Used to be very educational for a young sailor such as myself.  I never got into Raffles though, last time I was there it was closed. On the other hand, the Singapore Hilton remains the best place I have ever been thrown out of. (1974)
We were told specifically not to go any where near Bugis street and being a good Tiffy I always did exactly as I was told.  ;)

Not wishing to set up any sort of contest here. But I vaguely recall the Sheraton Hotel Madera being the best I was chucked out of.(1983)  I have since taken Mrs G there.  They didn't remember my previous visit.  ;D

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #927 on: 09:49:21, 19/11/19 »

Celebrated my 21st in Bugis Street.

The establishment that we (two friends and my then husband) visited was raided by the police and we ended up being 'interviewed' in the police station.

Husband was required to appear before his commanding officer who was apparently rather confused that wives had been present.
« Last Edit: 13:33:46, 19/11/19 by Jac »
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #928 on: 13:02:33, 19/11/19 »
We were told specifically not to go any where near Bugis street and being a good Tiffy I always did exactly as I was told.  ;)

Not wishing to set up any sort of contest here. But I vaguely recall the Sheraton Hotel Madera being the best I was chucked out of.(1983)  I have since taken Mrs G there.  They didn't remember my previous visit.  ;D
And next we have Tiffies, a cool bunch are these
If you want to be one, you need GCEs
And to be GCEs boys , you need a brain in your head
It's amazing how much work, can be done from a bed.

Apologies to Shep Wooley  (Vide 3:50 on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu6OtPv51zM)
Solvitur Ambulando

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #929 on: 17:52:27, 19/11/19 »
Another excellent walk up my local hill, Hampsfell, descending to the north and then returning via Eggerslack woods. Crisp frosty morning, good views all around, snow still on the top of Coniston Old Man, Scafell, Skiddaw, Helvellyn. 6 miles with the dog; perfect start to the day.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy