I was lucky enough to complete corsicas
GR20 in june. If anyone wants any info just let me
know

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
Re: GR20
« Reply #1 on: 15:05:20, 24/09/18 »
Hello Hoolio,
I'd be happy to see some of your images of the incomparable island of Corse....there is beauty around every bend that you take on the traverse of the GR20.  It would be grand to see how it is today. Our first visit was in 2007.
My wife and I, when we retired, went down to the island on five occasions for walking tours.  It is rough and ready type of place without and fancy overnight stopping places but since the weather is so warm down there the tent is just perfect.
See my attempts at producing some images of the great terrain on the island....Walking through Corsica..... in the International section on here.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:44:51, 24/09/18 »
I'd be interested, I had planned to consider the GR20, alongside the GR5 but due to a running leg injury and family matters I chose gave up on the idea. I bought the Cicerone book however which was helpful. For me, maybe next year?

hoolio

« Reply #3 on: 12:57:24, 26/09/18 »
hi
thanks for your Q's will sort something out in a few days
as getting ready to go down cornwall in the camper for a
few days
But for now I would say its still beautiful, awesome, unforgettable
timeless & thankfully still a challenge
will write soon
jules

glovepuppet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:53:49, 26/09/18 »
Corsica is beautiful.

We were there for our 4th visit earlier this year - the Mare et Monti North. Some fabulous days.

It is tougher walking than you might anticipate, though - short distances can take a long time to negotiate, and this is on easier paths than the GR20!  :D

Worth visiting though, at least once.  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy