Author Topic: Carnedd Llewelyn route  (Read 26983 times)

DalesWalesLakesandPeaks

Re: Carnedd Llewelyn route
« Reply #60 on: 10:39:41, 26/01/14 »
Thanks gents, that's all very helpful. I look into the descent of Daffydd now as well.

As for locating the top of the gully again, I'll mark a waypoint at the top on my way up on the GPS which should help me locate it on the way back.

Thanks again.

O0
Twitter: @jonesibfc

DalesWalesLakesandPeaks

« Reply #61 on: 10:56:43, 26/01/14 »
That's what I was going to suggest.  There isn't much work to do to visit Dafydd from P.y.O.W, then just keep heading east onto the ridge, and descend the ground named 'Rhos Bodesi' on the map, probably from about the point on the ridge where the map gridlines cross.

Something like this? Avoiding the steep ground above Ffynnon Lloer...

joester

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: 12:52:05, 26/01/14 »
Yes, something like that.  I've taken that route in ascent when doing the Oggie 8, it's ok.
solvitur ambulando

DalesWalesLakesandPeaks

« Reply #63 on: 13:02:05, 26/01/14 »
Yes, something like that.  I've taken that route in ascent when doing the Oggie 8, it's ok.

Thanks again for your help.

;)

stevecooper88

« Reply #64 on: 23:29:42, 09/10/17 »
hi guys, I would like to hike mountains in this area but I would like to go with someone and no one I know Is interested. I do Scafell Pike and old man of Coniston on a regular basis and I am climbing Kilimanjaro next year so I need some more mountain training. Is anyone interested in joining me on a few hikes around England and Wales? Thanks Steve

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy