Author Topic: Cannnot post pictures  (Read 5952 times)

Walking Englishman

Cannnot post pictures
« on: 07:05:37, 15/01/10 »
What has happened to the facility to post pictures. When I clicked insert image on this message it opened a scripted window asking for a website and not for the usual search to a file on my PC.
I'm a walker on the edge of my perception. We're all travellers at the edge of our perceptions.

glovepuppet

• Veteran Member
Re: Cannnot post pictures
« Reply #1 on: 07:44:05, 15/01/10 »
I'm not sure. As a newbie of only a few weeks, I asked about posting pics and there was some convoluted method of posting (unlike some other forums I've used) which seemed to involve organising your photos on some other website first before attaching to your post here.

So I decided not to bother.

Maybe the method of inserting pics has changed?

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: 07:46:27, 15/01/10 »
Check out the discription on the top thread of photography it is really helpfull
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

glovepuppet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:10:22, 15/01/10 »
Check out the discription on the top thread of photography it is really helpfull

As I was saying ........

Walking Englishman

« Reply #4 on: 08:35:39, 15/01/10 »
I'm not using Tinypic, so no pictures from me alas.
I'm a walker on the edge of my perception. We're all travellers at the edge of our perceptions.

Walking Englishman

« Reply #5 on: 08:42:10, 15/01/10 »
there was some convoluted method of posting (unlike some other forums I've used) which seemed to involve organising your photos on some other website first before attaching to your post here.

So I decided not to bother.

I suspect walking forum and tinypic are mutually gaining out of this. Why has the forum removed the simplest way of posting by forcing us to use the Tinypic site. A bad bad move walking forum.

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 08:50:47, 15/01/10 »
I use photo bucket.

For a long time, I couldn't post on here.

I made it an aim, to be able to.

Now I can.
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 09:04:39, 15/01/10 »

Works OK here

Ah sorry thats from my website and not a PC file

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #8 on: 09:14:43, 15/01/10 »
I only posted my one and only photo yesterday in rouges gallery
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Addacomb

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: 09:41:41, 15/01/10 »
I only posted my one and only photo yesterday in rouges gallery
Don't feel pressured - I'm sure none of us are expecting a flood ::)

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 09:57:10, 15/01/10 »

I suspect walking forum and tinypic are mutually gaining out of this.Why has the forum removed the simplest way of posting by forcing us touse the Tinypic site. A bad bad move walking forum.

You are free to post pictures asyou see fit (plenty of host sites available) - the tinypic was written as a guide for those who werestruggling with uploading pictures. I think the admin removed the facility to upload from a PC due to bandwidth or something or other.

As for being a bad bad move? - It hasn't stopped the majority from posting their pictures O0

Addacomb

• Account Closed
« Reply #11 on: 10:12:00, 15/01/10 »
I missed that one. Conspiracy theory regarding photos? A new one on me. I re-iterate my colleague - anyone can use any hosting site they care to - whatever works best for them. As for ALL other forums being able to upload from PC - not by a long shot! Many on the last year have moved to hosting as opposed to direct upload. It enables the size of the photo to be hosted by an external server, as opposed to the forum's own hosted server. Chris no doubt pays for used space - photos use a lot of disc space - you only have to see the sizes of your own collections to see that!

I use this:

• Uploading photos:

Method: Look Pic http://www.lookpic.com/

In the “Upload your image:” box, either type in the locationof the file you wish to upload, or select the browse button. Navigate to the file/photo and click open. Now select the upload button.

• Now, the server will receive your image upload request andreturn some image options (the time it takes to complete this process isdependent on internet bottlenecks and site loading. Note: the image upload maytime out at this stage. If so, try again. If it repeatedly times out, try at aquieter time of day). Now copy the particular line of thumbnail code you wishto use and simply copy that into your post.

• The most appropriate code for adding a photo, where you wishthe image to be readily viewable on the forum page is the “Hotlink for forums”choice, beginning [IMG].........
    Add each image individually and post the corresponding codeinto your post.

(I would have included links but as I'm watching test cricket on the internet I cannot upload the pics due to my bandwidth needs :) )

• Chris

• Administrator
    « Reply #12 on: 10:36:24, 15/01/10 »
    You can still upload pictures from your PC to the server. When you post click on Additional Options and you will see the box where you browse to the file on your PC. The file size is limited to 80K.

glovepuppet

• Veteran Member
    « Reply #13 on: 10:47:57, 15/01/10 »
    Testing, testing ....

By Jove, I think I've got it!

Addacomb

• Account Closed
    « Reply #14 on: 10:51:32, 15/01/10 »
    Testing, testing ....

By Jove, I think I've got it!