Author Topic: Did you see this photo today?  (Read 1120 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Did you see this photo today?
« on: 11:24:41, 28/05/19 »
I looked at this photo and thought, I'd love to see such a thing whilst hiking!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48360559

The best I've seen is about 8 vultures in the Pyrenees quietly gliding by about 20' from me and at my head level. I could see their eyes easily. I was halfway up a steep grassy hill at the time.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Re: Did you see this photo today?
« Reply #1 on: 11:38:20, 28/05/19 »
The best I've seen is about 8 vultures in the Pyrenees quietly gliding by about 20' from me and at my head level. I could see their eyes easily. I was halfway up a steep grassy hill at the time.
How were you feeling at the time, did they have any justification for seeing you as their next meal???????? ;D
Too little, too late, too bad......

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:19:49, 28/05/19 »
What a picture. It looks mightily brassed off with him  :o
The best we've had was a red kite gliding past the tent one evening a few metres away.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:08:39, 28/05/19 »
I do quite often see Golden Eagles whilst out walking but hardly ever close enough to get a photograph. I've also seen Osprey and White tailed sea Eagle very occasionally. Such sightings always make a trip

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:18:24, 28/05/19 »
I saw this as well. I have seen a number of Golden Eagles on the west coast, but no decent photos. I have a number of shots of white tailed eagles - males, female and chicks - some perched and some in flight. I also have some decent shots of red kites. I have seen a few ospreys in Scotland, including one about a mile from my house. Also I have a few male hen harriers, including 3 displaying at Loch Muick and a short eared owl. I have some good pictures of ospreys from Florida, plus a few of bald headed eagles. Large birds are more abundant there than here in the UK. I also have some shots from a falconry centre.

Here are a few examples. All but the last one are of wild birds.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:04:38, 28/05/19 »
What an fantastic photograph.  Just has everything. Technically good, awesome subject, intence piercing  drama ,perfect timing, glorious setting, amazing symmetry.  They really don't come much better than that.  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy