Author Topic: My Walking Forum - Please Join  (Read 2088 times)

warsopmse

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
Re: My Walking Forum - Please Join
« Reply #1 on: 00:14:51, 17/01/08 »
Hi there,
I clicked on your link, which brought up a registration/login page.
Sorry if this sounds a bit blunt, but I'm quite happy with this walking forum, so I'm not sure why I should be expected to sign up for another one, also I'm not keen on the thought of the membership being split between two forums (excepting those that register with both).
Perhaps you'd like to give some more information than appeared in your original message?

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 00:21:19, 17/01/08 »
I'd just like to second howardfernlover's comments...  You have to sell it a bit more!
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:41:56, 17/01/08 »
I think that you need to let people see your forum as "guests" and then let them decide if they want to register. Many people will be put off ny having to register first.
Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Deerplay

« Reply #4 on: 23:08:30, 17/01/08 »
I agree with the a above posts. I'm not going to register without knowing what for.
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 23:46:01, 17/01/08 »
I'm in discontent whether to join it or not like, the above post say we need more information about it and considering we got to pay for this am not willing to throw my money away at a site which I may never use.  Plus am happy here with these fallow folk on here.  And enjoy a banter with most of them.  Plus I've meet up with some of them and there good minded folk who made me feel comfortable within that group of people.  Am not saying the site rubbish or anything and hope you do will with it I think Chris as done a splendid job getting this site up and running and he proved he done and on his own. 
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 16:36:44, 18/01/08 »
 I think its a bit of a cheek posting on a foerum,not bothering to introduce yourself,and on your first post asking the members to join your forum!My advice would be to take a hike yourself!

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:36:59, 18/01/08 »
I think its a bit of a cheek posting on a foerum,not bothering to introduce yourself,and on your first post asking the members to join your forum!My advice would be to take a hike yourself!

;D
Mike

www.walking-books.com
Books, guides and maps on Britain's best scenic walks

Come and have a chat on Twitter - walkingbookscom

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 13:27:41, 19/01/08 »
Where does it say you have to pay, Walkinggirl?  Maybe the whole thing is a scam.  Interesting to note that whoever posted the original message hasn't replied to our concerns, not much information on their profile either.

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 13:58:09, 19/01/08 »
Tell me why i should change to your site and i may consider it............not ;D

Seriously though, why change from this site. its the best source of info, great freindly people who dont care if your just starting out on your walking quest or a seasoned rambler of the hills and it is also a great format, unlike other notable disaters e.g. trail magazine forum

tracey777

« Reply #10 on: 15:40:50, 19/01/08 »
I can't believe you excpect people to join up and pay without introducing yourself, giving more info etc and yeah it really is a cheek to post that as your first post!

Plus I am a memeber of esveral forums and none of them I have had to pay for.

Scam is the word that springs to mind!
join me for walking/riding adventures in beautiful Northern Hungary

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 15:57:18, 19/01/08 »
I'm no computer expert, but I did a search for "warsopmse" and came up with some strange reults, mostly on forums and to do with football and Mansfield.

Mairi

« Reply #12 on: 03:17:47, 25/01/08 »
Yeah, ditto to all of the above. This is a great forum for walkers- who needs another one!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy