Author Topic: 3 Yorkshire peaks.  (Read 11934 times)

Kmo86

Re: 3 Yorkshire peaks.
« Reply #45 on: 12:26:24, 07/08/18 »
Doesn’t look like I will need doctors note now. The staff have spoken about it and realised people having drs note could effect benefits they get and drs don’t know what people are capable of. So they are having talk at end of this week to see what other way they can cover themselves from being blamed if anyone takes ill. Sounds like they will let anyone join in unless something comes up meaning someone wouldn’t be safe doing it which is what I hoped they would do.

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 16:37:21, 16/08/18 »
Doesn’t look like I will need doctors note now. The staff have spoken about it and realised people having drs note could effect benefits they get and drs don’t know what people are capable of. So they are having talk at end of this week to see what other way they can cover themselves from being blamed if anyone takes ill. Sounds like they will let anyone join in unless something comes up meaning someone wouldn’t be safe doing it which is what I hoped they would do.

I can imagine that ticking the box saying 'I can't walk more than 50 metres' and then doing 26 miles and 1450 metres of actual ascent.. might be problematic..
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 16:54:31, 16/08/18 »
Depends on why they are receiving the benefit.If it was for depression or other mental health issues doing a long walk could be seen as therapy.
 It might be an idea in any publicity material for the participants to wear ski masks and be referred to as Walker A,B,C etc.  ;)

Kmo86

« Reply #48 on: 12:45:43, 25/08/18 »
Some are on ESA and/or PIP in which case drs note could effect it. Due to this they changed it to just us and someone close to us parent, partner or someone signing just to confirm there is no health reason why we shouldn’t do the walk and agreeing we will stop and tell staff if we need to stop. So all set to do the walk end of next month. Expect everyone to manage as a few of ones who struggled or didn’t manage the 5 mile have dropped out.

Kmo86

« Reply #49 on: 19:45:30, 19/09/18 »
Well all set to do 10 miler in hope valley next Thursday. Going to be long day with nearly half of time spent traveling over half for me. Looking forward to it tho, don’t think many are going I think about 6 people from the group 4 more which is all staff and friend of man who’s organising it who we know well. Going to be a 10 mile circuit so it is pretty much once we get half way we have to finish it. Expecting everyone to be ok there is one new one who didn’t do the 5 mile walk rest all did and managed 5 mile.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 20:52:39, 19/09/18 »
Hope the weather is good for you.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Kmo86

« Reply #51 on: 16:44:30, 26/09/18 »
Well all ready for tomorrow. Weather forecast good so should be good day. 11 of us going 6 from group 4 staff (really don’t see why they need that many but never mind I get on with them all) and the man who is organising it his mate will be first day out he’s come on with us. Will have like just over 5 hours there and man mentioned we mite go in a cavern as well think we will just do the walk and see what else there is to fill in any extra time.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy