Author Topic: Hiking/Cycling Gear Storage  (Read 689 times)

sbrown27

Hiking/Cycling Gear Storage
« on: 15:25:23, 14/03/20 »
Hi all,

A few months ago, a few of you gave me your feedback about my DT GCSE design for my coursework. I made the product and now I have to evaluate it, including feedback from stakeholders (people like you). I would really appreciate it if you could please take a few moments to say what you like/dislike about the product and if you'd ever consider buying something like it.

It is basically a gear bin that fits in your boot and you can store it to the side so it's out of your way. The different pictures represent what goes in each compartment and the base is removable so it's easy to clean. Pictures are attached below. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you in advance and let me know if you have any questions,
Sarah   :)

« Last Edit: 15:42:37, 14/03/20 by sbrown27 »

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Re: Hiking/Cycling Gear Storage
« Reply #1 on: 15:37:42, 14/03/20 »
It appreciated that you took time to get back to the forum.
However you may be unable to post photos for a while yet due to forum rules stopping people posting them until they become established members.

I have found it difficult to post photos any way. So cannot give advice as such. But maybe if you pm the forum moderator he nah be able to help you in this instance, I do hope so.
It may even be (hint) that one of the forum members, who can post photos, may pm you to help.
Too little, too late, too bad......

sbrown27

« Reply #2 on: 15:43:48, 14/03/20 »
It appreciated that you took time to get back to the forum.
However you may be unable to post photos for a while yet due to forum rules stopping people posting them until they become established members.

I have found it difficult to post photos any way. So cannot give advice as such. But maybe if you pm the forum moderator he nah be able to help you in this instance, I do hope so.
It may even be (hint) that one of the forum members, who can post photos, may pm you to help.

Thank you for telling me, I'll try and find a way to get the photos up.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:48:30, 14/03/20 »
You need to upload them to a "host" site first and add them to here from there.

Postimage seems to be flavour of the month just lately.  It is free to use.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:55:36, 14/03/20 »
or you could provide a link to where the images are.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:57:22, 14/03/20 »
Hi Sarah - the big problem you are going to face is that car boots are not a nice regular shape - I faced this when making a dog cage for our spaniel that would fit neatly into the back of our Zafira. A lot of trimming of plywood before it fit to my satisfaction, despite me taking loads of measurements beforehand.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures though.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

sbrown27

« Reply #6 on: 18:19:44, 17/03/20 »
You need to upload them to a "host" site first and add them to here from there.

Postimage [nofollow] seems to be flavour of the month just lately.  It is free to use.

Hi Mel,
I figured out hot to share the photos using a pinterest link so I was wondering if you could take a look if you have time.

sbrown27

« Reply #7 on: 18:21:01, 17/03/20 »
Hi Sarah - the big problem you are going to face is that car boots are not a nice regular shape - I faced this when making a dog cage for our spaniel that would fit neatly into the back of our Zafira. A lot of trimming of plywood before it fit to my satisfaction, despite me taking loads of measurements beforehand.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures though.

Hi Richard,

I managed to make a link for the photos: http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=39986.0 [nofollow]  

Please can you have a look if you have time, thanks :)

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 19:02:53, 17/03/20 »
Your pics - hope it helps.

product in boot                                 product rotated                                  product being held               product filled w boots, biking inner tubing, spare clothes etc

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:41:34, 17/03/20 »
Thank you again for getting back to the forum with your ideas.
It looks like you have measured up a few hatchbacks and estates to come up with a suitable shape.

I think the slot in nature of the holder is great but maybe having a fold down net to stop things rattling out whilst on the move either in the car or bring carried to/from would be handy.

Looks like you are handy with your hands as the holder looks really well made. I do like the fact that you remembered a carry handle.
Clearly most suitable for day walkers and cyclists as there is  not enough space for a 45  litre or larger knapsack.

Good work, and again thanks for getting back to us.
Too little, too late, too bad......

sbrown27

« Reply #10 on: 19:52:09, 17/03/20 »
Thank you again for getting back to the forum with your ideas.
It looks like you have measured up a few hatchbacks and estates to come up with a suitable shape.

I think the slot in nature of the holder is great but maybe having a fold down net to stop things rattling out whilst on the move either in the car or bring carried to/from would be handy.

Looks like you are handy with your hands as the holder looks really well made. I do like the fact that you remembered a carry handle.
Clearly most suitable for day walkers and cyclists as there is  not enough space for a 45  litre or larger knapsack.

Good work, and again thanks for getting back to us.

Thank you for your help and feedback

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy