Author Topic: what type of hiking socks?  (Read 2991 times)

Lee R

Re: what type of hiking socks?
« Reply #30 on: 10:38:15, 13/04/20 »

Wrapping my toes in soft toilet paper seems to help protect them but makes a mess when removing the inner sock.

Would Toe sleeves/caps be an idea to try, does anyone use them.
sorry I cant post a link to some on amazon to give an idea of what I mean

Glassescase

Can you not wrap them in a soft bandage/sports tape? Something that won't crumble into a million pieces.

Lee R

« Reply #31 on: 10:40:03, 13/04/20 »
I probably won’t find too many women’s socks that will fit my feet (12 wide or extra wide). Even if I could find size 12 women’s socks they would likely be much too narrow. My wife has the opposite problem taking only a size 1. In theory she could wear children’s socks/ boots as an alternative, but these are usually too narrow and she generally doesn’t want glitter, unicorns or flashing lights on her footwear.

My other half takes a two/three. Seems to sit right in the middle of childrens/womens. She likes the look/price of several boots only then to find out they start at a four!

Makes buying her trainers cheaper though :)

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 18:13:28, 13/04/20 »

My other half takes a two/three. Seems to sit right in the middle of childrens/womens. She likes the look/price of several boots only then to find out they start at a four!

Makes buying her trainers cheaper though :)
My wife has a similar problem. Some ranges start, in theory, at a 1 or 2, but finding them on sale is usually difficult.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy