Author Topic: DT Project (again)  (Read 696 times)

sbrown27

DT Project (again)
« on: 18:15:10, 17/03/20 »
Hi all,
I recently posted this message asking for help but the pictures didn't send. I've figured it out so I'd really love it if you could give me some help:

A few months ago, a few of you gave me your feedback about my DT GCSE design for my coursework. I made the product and now I have to evaluate it, including feedback from stakeholders (people like you). I would really appreciate it if you could please take a few moments to say what you like/dislike about the product and if you'd ever consider buying something like it.
It is basically a gear bin that fits in your boot and you can store it to the side so it's out of your way. The different pictures represent what goes in each compartment and the base is removable so it's easy to clean. Pictures are attached in the link below. Any feedback is appreciated.

This is the link: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/brown19458/dt-pictures/ [nofollow]

Thank you in advance and let me know if you have any questions,
Sarah 

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
Re: DT Project (again)
« Reply #1 on: 18:55:45, 17/03/20 »
Your pics - hope it helps.

product in boot                                 product rotated                                  product being held               product filled w boots, biking inner tubing, spare clothes etc

sbrown27

« Reply #2 on: 19:02:36, 17/03/20 »
Your pics - hope it helps.

Thank you :)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:20:45, 17/03/20 »
I can understand I sloped side to go against the rake of the rear seat but why a trapezium section, presumably athwartships?
Solvitur Ambulando

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:40:20, 17/03/20 »
Would I be right in thinking the box is representing a car boot?

How does the storage inside stay put if it's in something larger?

Otherwise, it looks good and would stop smaller bits and bobs rolling around unfettered.

sbrown27

« Reply #5 on: 19:46:58, 17/03/20 »
I can understand I sloped side to go against the rake of the rear seat but why a trapezium section, presumably athwartships?

I thought it mimicked the shape of the boot - what do you think of the shape?

sbrown27

« Reply #6 on: 19:47:45, 17/03/20 »
Would I be right in thinking the box is representing a car boot?

How does the storage inside stay put if it's in something larger?

Otherwise, it looks good and would stop smaller bits and bobs rolling around unfettered.

Hi thanks for your feedbacl, the box is part of the storage that makes sure nothing rolls around. There's grips on the bottom to stop the product moving in the boot.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:14:25, 17/03/20 »

I thought it mimicked the shape of the boot - what do you think of the shape?
I keep stuff in my boot in a folding plastic crate.  I fits well against the side but there is a gap between it and the rear seat because of the seat rake.  My boot is sort of rectangular.
Solvitur Ambulando

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 20:34:00, 17/03/20 »
Although I am not commenting about the item (as I normally just chuck things in - to my wife's disgust) they deserve top marks for actually coming back to the forum to show what they have made - most (all!) we never hear from again.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 21:08:55, 17/03/20 »
Are the internal spacers adjustable to customise the stowage?  If not, it could be done using velcro to fix the dividers to the sides.  Equally, the structure appears to be solid - it would not take much to make it collapsible so it can be stowed on the boot floor when not required to free up boot space.
Solvitur Ambulando

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 21:29:07, 17/03/20 »
Having the bottom removable for cleaning is really good, I know it could just be inverted but if the dirt is damp that doesn't always do the trick.

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 22:27:53, 17/03/20 »
Although I am not commenting about the item (as I normally just chuck things in - to my wife's disgust) they deserve top marks for actually coming back to the forum to show what they have made - most (all!) we never hear from again.

Agree. 10/10, good business lesson. Most people accept less than A+ results if you provide good communication.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 23:11:35, 17/03/20 »
Nicely made, Sarah. A sloping rear would fit against the rear seat, as others have mentioned. And I would go for a rectangular shape, about the size of a fish box, with handles on either side. A bit of a compromise, I know, as car boots are lots of different shapes.

I woudln't buy one personally, as I have a dog cage in the large boot of my car (Vauxhall Zafira), and I pack things around that, smaller items in a plastic storage box about 400x300mm.

Good luck with the project :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Pitboot

« Reply #13 on: 11:49:22, 18/03/20 »
Replying to the OP's request, any gear in my boot goes in my rucksack, or in a plastic bag if dirty (boots usually).
I would never buy a product like this as I feel that there are other simpler solutions to what is not even a problem, for me at least. But well done for trying.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 13:12:59, 18/03/20 »
I doubt I would use something like this. Items would go in my rucksack, under the boot floor, behind the rear seats or lashed down in the boot.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy