Author Topic: A circuit of Buttermere  (Read 1089 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
A circuit of Buttermere
« on: 20:00:46, 03/06/08 »
25th May 2008

After the shortish walk up Rannerdale Knotts we decided to join the masses for a walk around Buttermere. Before we set off we visited the Church to see the recently renovated "Wainwright Window" which cost over £1000 to repair all raised by the fellwalking comminity.The pictures for this and the walk itself are now on the website.

Regards,

Dave

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

chorleydave

Re: A circuit of Buttermere
« Reply #1 on: 21:34:23, 03/06/08 »
A great part of the Lakes, Dave.  I'm due to finish work for my eight weeks summer break soon (I work at a college) so I'm going to be around there in the not too distant future.

Great pictures.  I particularly like the one at the ice cream van - it shows just what a range of visitor you get around there - people in t-shirts and shorts alongside those in winter wear and headscarves!   :)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 22:17:09, 03/06/08 »
A great part of the Lakes, Dave.  I'm due to finish work for my eight weeks summer break soon (I work at a college) so I'm going to be around there in the not too distant future.

Great pictures.  I particularly like the one at the ice cream van - it shows just what a range of visitor you get around there - people in t-shirts and shorts alongside those in winter wear and headscarves!   :)

Thanks Dave. Hope you get many fine days.

Dave

Dizzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 23:37:35, 03/06/08 »
I love that name....High Snockrigg!It sounds like something out of Harry Potter ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy