Author Topic: Waterproof overtrousers with ankle adjustment  (Read 4171 times)

mananddog

• Veteran Member
Re: Waterproof overtrousers with ankle adjustment
« Reply #30 on: 08:08:15, 22/03/19 »
Ah well that explains it, I've never tucked my trousers into my socks  ;D

You would if you kept ferrets

I bet you don't tuck your shirt into your underpants either.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 08:15:14, 22/03/19 »
Funnily enough I don't  :)
Where there's a will ...

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 08:22:04, 22/03/19 »

It's no good, Ronin83, people whose legs conform to the average trouser don't understand the problem.
I regularly grit my teeth in outdoor shops when contemplating the inches of trouser leg sweeping the floor.  And it's no good saying cut the bottoms off the legs, as walking trousers usually have some kind of shaping at the knees, and so even if you altered the legs to the right length the knees are in the wrong place.
There do seem to be trends in this, a few years ago, most walking trousers could be cinched in at the ankle, and I remember being told that it was precisely to accommodate different leg lengths, but it seems less common now.
I tend to wear Paramo trousers, they don't need overtrousers.  I have both cascada and velez, and both have ankle adjustment.  They aren't cheap though.  I justify them to myself on the grounds that they are walking trousers and overtrousers in one, and you get 50 quid back on the empties.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 19:08:41, 22/03/19 »
Have you considered an alternative? A Rain skirt for example, with gaiters on, the skirt works well, when needed, on and off in 5-10 seconds. You don't even have to stop walking.

Jim Parkin

« Reply #34 on: 18:24:05, 27/03/19 »
I have a pair of Marmot PreCip full length zip "pants", which have adjustable ankles. 

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 20:33:02, 28/03/19 »
Have you considered an alternative? A Rain skirt for example, with gaiters on, the skirt works well, when needed, on and off in 5-10 seconds. You don't even have to stop walking.

..but you end up with wet feet!   :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy