Author Topic: Expat hiker says hello  (Read 3979 times)

DanishHiker

Expat hiker says hello
« on: 14:51:51, 21/03/09 »
Hi all,
I'm an expat living in Denmark.  My wife and I are fairly new to serious walking/hiking,  only really got interested during the last year or two  with a holiday in the Lake District,  quickly followed up by a repeat of the same.  Then we bought a tent and other gear and tried a 3-day hike in Southern Sweden. 
We've done that a few times now,  and last weekend were on a 2-day hike with some kindred spirits around some lakes in a very isolated part of south Sweden.  It was a wee bit cold,  the lakes were frozen over and we had to break through the ice to get water for cooking.
We are going an a big adventure this summer,  a 2-week hike in Lapland 100 miles north of the Arctic circle. The dates are set and we are now planning various route alternatives.
Next year I hope to have a go at the West Highland Way,  which is one of the reasons I've joined up here,  looking for info from others who may have tried it or other Scottish routes.  We also want to do something in Norway,  maybe next summer.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy