Author Topic: Fancy a stroll on Crib Goch to reach the top of Mount Snowdon  (Read 3670 times)

Welsh Rambler

• Veteran Member
If you've wondered what it is like to walk to the top of Mount Snowdon via Crib Goch then perhaps see the latest video from Wilshire Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBIzKQn1M4M. There is a lot of cloud so you don't see the full exposure on the ridge but this video will give you an idea of how hard/easy it is  8)  I did the route many years ago when there were few people around so queuing on the ridge was not a problem. I wouldn't fancy filming on the ridge with a selfie stick  :o

If you have a dislike of 'summit slugs' then this may be a summit to avoid in the summer months April & Beefy.

Regards Keith

April

• Veteran Member
If you have a dislike of 'summit slugs' then this may be a summit to avoid in the summer months April & Beefy.

;D We did this a few years ago, yes, lots of people on the summit, more than on Ben Nevis.
Hate will never win

RogerA

Snowdon - yes please
Crib Goch - no thanks, no way, not ever, not for anything (huge respect to those that have :) )

fernman

• Veteran Member
There was yet another fatality on Crib Goch on Saturday 21st, and an unrelated rescue there earlier the same day.

Owen

• Veteran Member
Only watched the beginning few minutes but the fisheyed lens distorts things quite a lot, it's nowhere near as sharp as it appears in the video. If you have the confidence you can actually run it.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member

Only watched the beginning few minutes but the fisheyed lens distorts things quite a lot, it's nowhere near as sharp as it appears in the video.

That was my first thought too. Crib Goch is a bit harder than say Striding Edge, but it's not really that bad in good conditions (in winter conditions, it is a different matter).

Broad Stand on Scafell, or even lowly Stac Pollaidh are more serious, in my opinion.

WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Glyno

• Veteran Member
Only watched the beginning few minutes but the fisheyed lens distorts things quite a lot, it's nowhere near as sharp as it appears in the video. If you have the confidence you can actually run it.

I'd agree with this, particularly how a fisheye lens makes it look far more dramatic.
With care and common sense Crib Goch is an excellent day out - or even a night out - around this time last year I crossed by moonlight!

moonlight, snowdon by Glyn Morton, on Flickr

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Stunning, Glyno; just stunning.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Glyno

• Veteran Member
Thank you Richard :)

- Dave -

• Veteran Member

Pendant alert - 'Mount' Snowdon

I'm on the internet!

Check out my blog here:

http://allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.co.uk

214/214 Wainwrights

Glyno

• Veteran Member
 :)

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
Its a grade 1 scramble, and not beyond the capabilities of most active walkers, but the exposure is very acute, and being just over 3000ft above sea level, its a high mountain.
A detour if you find yourself unsure of your capability along the narrow rocky ridge, is not easy, its almost better to continue than return the way you came.
If you panic, there are few immediate escape routes.
Its a straight forward mountain, if you know what to expect and are not afraid of exposure at height.

Ive traversed it three times over the years, and i am not ashamed to say, i do not enjoy climbing it.

Mel

• Veteran Member
Pendant alert - 'Mount' Snowdon

PEDANT alert - "Pendant"  ;D

- Dave -

• Veteran Member
Yikes! Embarrassing 8) 
I'm on the internet!

Check out my blog here:

http://allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.co.uk

214/214 Wainwrights

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy