Author Topic: A Blast from the Past!  (Read 18951 times)

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
A Blast from the Past!
« on: 10:32:17, 26/02/11 »
Here are some photos, pre digital of my previous life, can't put names to the places as some are going back 25/30 years. I know some are from Wales, Three Peaks and possible near Edale.  I think the photos will explain the life change and I hope that they won't stop people corresponding.
 Julie

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
Re: A Blast from the Past!
« Reply #1 on: 10:34:04, 26/02/11 »
Here are a few more...

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 10:39:29, 26/02/11 »
And the last ones...

HumperLumper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:41:20, 26/02/11 »
I love looking at older landscape photos, you must have some great memories there  :)
Richard

HumperLumper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:52:04, 26/02/11 »
The 11th photo looks like its taken from Kinder Scout near Crowden Tower looking down Crowden Clough and with Mam Tor and Lords Seat in the background.

Willowisp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 11:33:08, 26/02/11 »
Always amuses me looking at old photos and the differences in the colours compared to the sharper colours on the new digi cameras.
The old stuff still has an appeal though hence Photoshop and its ilk being used to restore the "aged" look to some peoples work. Photoshop can't however replace them old jumpers.... Tragic ;)
Willowisp - Beasty known for leading folks astray
Aka
Dan from Surrey don't you know. what what...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46705169@N06/

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:48:34, 26/02/11 »
...and the differences in the colours compared to the sharper colours on the new digi cameras.

are you serious? did you never use Fujichrome Velvia film?

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 11:51:19, 26/02/11 »
...if not, here's a few examples http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/velvia-50.htm

lovinit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 12:05:00, 26/02/11 »

Julie pic 14 is a great one of Cribyn - I had my breakfast on top of there two weeks ago O0  , the next one of is Pen Y Fan.

Great pics, I love to browse through old pics now and again. Thanks for posting them.

No one can go back in time & make a brand new beginning, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 12:32:26, 26/02/11 »
I think the photos will explain the life change and I hope that they won't stop people corresponding.
Doesn't bother me O0 . Great photos also. O0
R.I.P. Dave.

bootson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 12:32:34, 26/02/11 »
Thanks for sharing your pics Julie  :)  I like looking at old photos

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 14:18:03, 26/02/11 »
Julie pic 14 is a great one of Cribyn - I had my breakfast on top of there two weeks ago O0  , the next one of is Pen Y Fan.

Great pics, I love to browse through old pics now and again. Thanks for posting them.

I was going to say I thought those were of the Crybin PenY Fan area.  Always looks different from day to day.  Great old piccies and I'm guessing that's you in the first ones in the green  :)
Walk

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 14:30:54, 26/02/11 »
Thanks everyone for the replies, you are all such a wonderful lot. Before I joined this forum it has been a very lonely 10 years. Now I feel less alone.

Piston Pete, yes I am the one wearing green and also in most of the shots. Some of them in the shorts date back to when I was 15 when I cycled from South Leicestershire to Edale for a weekend of camping/hiking and then cycled back.
Julie

lovinit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 14:31:56, 26/02/11 »
. Photoshop can't however replace them old jumpers.... Tragic ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D
No one can go back in time & make a brand new beginning, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 14:43:04, 26/02/11 »
Thanks everyone for the replies, you are all such a wonderful lot. Before I joined this forum it has been a very lonely 10 years. Now I feel less alone.

Well, you should have joined earlier.  Quite a few people on here including myself have found help outside of walking and have found true friendship on ore than one occasion.  This place has brought more than the odd one or two people out of their shells and enabled some to talk about things they never thought they would on a forum.  I guess we just bring out the best in people.

I have had the micky taken on more than one occasion, but it's only because of the genuine friendliness you get on here.  If it ever gets malicious or spiteful, it'll be a troll and RP, PB or Chris will be on them like a ton of bricks  O0
Photoshop can't however replace them old jumpers.... Tragic ;)

God, the kit we used to wear, cold wet cotton T-Shirts and jeans, mad  ;D  I now stay relatively warm and dry in my layers and even if I get wet you dry so much quicker thanks to wicking materials.  Oh and I've actually got a waterproof jacket that is!! Not like the RAF Cagoules  :D  The cold/wet gear in the RAF was called that, because, if you wore it, you were  ::) ;D
Walk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy