Author Topic: Hi one and all  (Read 2621 times)

and101

Hi one and all
« on: 22:54:51, 06/05/19 »
Just a quick post to say hello.

I’m not new to walking but new to online forums about it so please bear with me. I’m not walking as much as I’d like due to Achilles tendinitis that flares up from time to time but when I do I mainly head to north wales as being in Merseyside it’s not too far away.

Hoping to pick up some tips and location recommendations.

Cheers, And.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
Re: Hi one and all
« Reply #1 on: 04:55:00, 07/05/19 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire. I too suffer with Achilles tendoniitis.

and101

« Reply #2 on: 06:25:01, 07/05/19 »
I too suffer with Achilles tendoniitis.

HI Bigfoot_Mike.
And its so annoying and frustrating isn't it? Mine came out of the blue last summer and I'm still struggling to shift it. My new boots (Scarpa Trek GTX) have lessened the pain but it still remains. Sole inserts and physio also help but a few days in the hills is great for the soul but not for the heel! lol

astaman

« Reply #3 on: 07:25:28, 07/05/19 »
Welcome from Shetland. I did suffer from Achilles tendonitis a number of years ago but it did gradually improve and doesn't trouble me now apart from a little stiffness when I walk very long distances. So there can be life after it.

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 08:15:37, 07/05/19 »
Hello and welcome from North Yorkshire.
You are in the right place for recommendations/ideas - check out the trip reports that people post up.
It's also good to sound out thoughts/ideas/niggles .... anything. There will be plenty of others on here that can give you their experiences and at least you don't feel alone if something (like tendonitis) is causing you a nuisance.
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

and101

« Reply #5 on: 09:49:42, 07/05/19 »
I know my Achilles Tendonitis is a mere inconvenience compared to conditions/disabilities other face day to day, let alone doing what they enjoy and heading out to the hills or mountains walking and hiking, so I shouldn't really complain.

Our walking (by our I mean my wife and I) has increased over the last year as we've cycled less and took to the hills and are slowly working through our list of walks we want to tick off. Saying that, we've not kept a track of the munros, wainwrights and marilyns etc that we walk as we aren't driven by that specifically, yet I understand why some people are. If anything we prefer the quieter summits and peaks to savour far from the crowds.

I certainly intend to check out the trip reports and hopefully add some of my own as I go.

Thanks for the warming welcome everyone.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 21:46:07, 07/05/19 »

HI Bigfoot_Mike.
And its so annoying and frustrating isn't it? Mine came out of the blue last summer and I'm still struggling to shift it. My new boots (Scarpa Trek GTX) have lessened the pain but it still remains. Sole inserts and physio also help but a few days in the hills is great for the soul but not for the heel! lol
It is annoying and just when you think you are over it and start to hike more frequently or further, back it comes.

and101

« Reply #7 on: 08:02:20, 08/05/19 »
It is annoying and just when you think you are over it and start to hike more frequently or further, back it comes.

Especially as there is no quick fix to make it better  :(

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 10:54:16, 09/05/19 »
Hi And, welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

snowyfox

« Reply #9 on: 13:40:11, 09/05/19 »

Hello And

Welcome from Oxfordshire - another Newbie! The folks here are super helpful  :)

Vanessa

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 08:32:15, 10/05/19 »
Welcome from Orkney. I used to live in Snowdonia, and have many fond memories of days in the hills.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 11:27:35, 10/05/19 »
Welcome aboard from Cheshire  :)

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 19:07:50, 10/05/19 »
Welcome from the Welsh Marches, where the secret ways the marauding Welsh rustlers used to find quiet ways over the border to sell back their stolen stock to their former owners (Lovely walks).
 I used to climb with a Mersey side group, we had a monthly rota of pubs in Bethesda, as we were banned from one we moved down the main street to the next.

BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

and101

« Reply #13 on: 19:13:41, 10/05/19 »
I used to climb with a Mersey side group, we had a monthly rota of pubs in Bethesda, as we were banned from one we moved down the main street to the next.

What are you trying to say about us lot from Merseyside?  ;)

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 19:15:13, 10/05/19 »
Great fun to be with them.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy