Author Topic: Scarpa Nitro XCR Mid Mens Walking Shoes  (Read 3967 times)

False_Summit_Veteran

Scarpa Nitro XCR Mid Mens Walking Shoes
« on: 16:03:42, 03/07/08 »
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/1000000605136

Ordered a pair of these from Go Outdoors last night as it looked like a bargain.  I needed a pair to "wear in" before the end of summer and I thought I'd snared a hot pair of boots for hiking/scrambling.  Trouble is, I'd not tried them on...

Anyone got any comments good or bad?
Any Moel's a goal.

cymru09

Re: Scarpa Nitro XCR Mid Mens Walking Shoes
« Reply #1 on: 21:16:09, 06/07/08 »
Looks like a good deal. Can you send them back if they are a bad fit?

jason22

« Reply #2 on: 07:32:13, 07/07/08 »
Hi i work for Go outdoors the loughborough store if you live anywear near one of our stores you can return them there as long as you have proof that you brought them off our website, also as long as they haven't been used outside as well.

jason

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:13:38, 12/07/08 »
Good bargain, exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for as well.

I think I'll be getting a pair myself.

Edit - As they don't have my size in stock I probably won;t be  :(
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

False_Summit_Veteran

« Reply #4 on: 13:49:53, 15/07/08 »
I think I've been enticed by something that doesnt exist.  i thought it was too good to be true and it seems to be just that.  Still not delivered.  I think it was just a ploy to get me to log in to their database.  When I ordered them it did say there were plenty of pairs left.  No feedback from GO Outdoors to say they were not available. 

Gutted.
Any Moel's a goal.

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:53:42, 17/07/08 »
I've now decided to get some Merrel Moab Mids instead, they'll serve as a reasonable boot replacement as they fairly strudy and supporting but without the weight. Makes the agony of decision easier - no more boots or approach choices.

£75, but a local shop (to me at least), but Blacks do them as well. Maybe Blighter can give us his thoughts.

Link: http://www.cmmonline.co.uk/items/default.asp?id=02443000

Should be getting them next week (stock permitting) so I'll try and let you know what I think after a walk.
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

False_Summit_Veteran

« Reply #6 on: 09:29:40, 18/07/08 »
£75.  looks a good price Dazza.  Looking forward to your report.
Any Moel's a goal.

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:23:20, 18/07/08 »
They won't replace my boots completely but for 95% of my walking I think they'll do the job.

I'm walking this weekend (Derwent Moor, regardless of the weather, well up to a point) but won't be looking to buy them till next week, assuming my size is in. On call the following weekend but in a week or so I'll have given em a go.
Dazza
--------

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:09:08, 23/07/08 »
Got some Merrell Chameleon Wrap Mid boots instead, cost more (£95) but are more sturdy.
Dazza
--------

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 20:09:52, 27/08/08 »
Merrell Chameleon Wrap Mid boots - used them this weekend on a 11 mile jaunt, which I'll be writing up soon.

Excellent, incredibly comfortable and good support as well. Not as much support as leather boots ofcourse, but more than suitable for the kind of walking I do. Ofcourse the light weight is a plus as well.
Dazza
--------

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy