Author Topic: Baggage transfers on LDPs.  (Read 1053 times)

alewife

• Veteran Member
Baggage transfers on LDPs.
« on: 12:38:22, 20/05/17 »
Baggage transfers on LDPs. I have just found a baggage transfer service on SWCP, which would make my ideas much more do-able (planning to do in sections, maybe 5 days at a go). Has anyone used a service on this path, and are there decent baggage transfers on other paths.

Seems I have recovered from my exertions of c2c walk and I am finding myself itching to plan another; I guess I've got the bug.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Baggage transfers on LDPs.
« Reply #1 on: 12:52:22, 20/05/17 »
I guess it depends if you're walking alone or not. On the C2C the baggage company will carry a single bag but on many routes they charge for a minimum of 2 bags which isn't good if you're walking alone or if 2 of you normally share a bag between you.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:10:54, 20/05/17 »
Well, its always nice to have some company but I'm assuming I'll be alone, most of the time at least.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:35:08, 21/05/17 »
Well, its always nice to have some company but I'm assuming I'll be alone, most of the time at least.

Not sure if the Cotswolds Way is one of your possible LDWs but I'm looking at doing it next month and Sherpa Van will transport single bags along the route at just under £10 each day, something to think about.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Molly Walker

« Reply #4 on: 12:10:20, 06/06/17 »
Just used Sherpa for a section of Pennine Way. There were two of us so I can't comment on single bag transfers or SWCP but service was seamless and efficient.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy