Author Topic: Help finding a Paramo Bora fleece  (Read 1707 times)

NeilC

• Veteran Member
Help finding a Paramo Bora fleece
« on: 11:40:12, 16/09/17 »
I bought a Paramo Bora windproof last year with the intention of getting the matching hoodie to go with it later.

But Paramo have stopped making it, don't stock any on them in the size Large that I need. I cannot find anywhere on the web that sells them in a large either. I want it in any colour other than the horrid peapod green. My windproof is reef blue but the dark blue would be fine.

www.basecamparbroath.co.uk have them in their shop but turns out they don't actually have them.

Anyone with better Google-Fu, or contacts in shops help at all?

Cheers

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
Re: Help finding a Paramo Bora fleece
« Reply #1 on: 12:16:18, 16/09/17 »
Available to order online in Reef Blue in Size Large @ £100 here http://www.basecampstockport.co.uk/prodlevel2.asp?productid=23072015155854

Whether it actually exists or not is another question.

A few place have the Peapod Green or maybe you need to consider whether going up to Size XL is an option?

These might be worth a phonecall http://www.blackburnsoutdoor.com/contact.html they may have one gathering dust if you're very lucky

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:51:02, 16/09/17 »
Available to order online in Reef Blue in Size Large @ £100 here http://www.basecampstockport.co.uk/prodlevel2.asp?productid=23072015155854

Whether it actually exists or not is another question.

A few place have the Peapod Green or maybe you need to consider whether going up to Size XL is an option?

These might be worth a phonecall http://www.blackburnsoutdoor.com/contact.html they may have one gathering dust if you're very lucky

Thanks, I'll contact them.

I was thinking that the size of the windproof and the fleece would be best if they matched, for the full paramo analogy effect?

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:28:00, 16/09/17 »
I would think that matching sizes would obviously be best but beggars can't be choosers.  ;)

If you can't find the right size and colour maybe keep an eye on eBay and Gumtree until one is listed.

Another possible option is to look at the Enduro Fleece although it's a bit more expensive.

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:20:00, 23/09/17 »
So I found one on ebay.

I'm wondering now if I should have gone with the XL! It's not all that big if I'm thinking of putting any additional layers under it.
Also I was expecting the two parts to match up quite precisely but they don't really. The windproof sleeves are longer as is the body which is about 3-4" longer than the fleece.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:40:47, 24/09/17 »
It's a shame you didn't want an XXL in Reef Blue as it's available now on Sport Pursuit for only £34.99  :o

The arm length and body length differences will probably be intentional to keep any rainwater well away from the fleece to prevent any wicking.

Other than a Paramo baselayer you shouldn't really need to add any additional layers to the system. I suppose in really cold conditions you could perhaps think about adding a Torres insulating layer (or whatever it's now called) over the top?

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:46:02, 24/09/17 »
It's a shame you didn't want an XXL in Reef Blue as it's available now on Sport Pursuit for only £34.99  :o

The arm length and body length differences will probably be intentional to keep any rainwater well away from the fleece to prevent any wicking.

Other than a Paramo baselayer you shouldn't really need to add any additional layers to the system. I suppose in really cold conditions you could perhaps think about adding a Torres insulating layer (or whatever it's now called) over the top?

Cheers KB.

Sounds like it'll be OK then. Pretty awful style I must say.  ;D

I'm very interested to see how well it performs in the rain.

Is it worth spending money on their base layers? I normally wear merino in all weathers. I like the feel of it and I love the lack of BO.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 17:53:00, 24/09/17 »
As long as it works and you're happy with it stick with what you've got. There's no point spending money if you don't have to.

wobblyknees

« Reply #8 on: 21:27:11, 24/09/17 »
Is it worth spending money on their base layers? I normally wear merino in all weathers. I like the feel of it and I love the lack of BO.

I have just a few minutes ago packed one of these for a trek in Croatia
https://www.paramo-clothing.com/en-in/explore-range/product/?pk=012E590E-375D-47A3-B685-D3DB49AF681B&attributes=5A01410B-7BF6-46CC-8A97-FFEA0A577F6E,DA550C21-C9D5-47DC-8625-DD38E45AD709

My favorite base layer followed closely by some heavyish (250gms/m²) merino ones I got quite cheap from Decathlon.

I wouldn't pay Paramo's asking price of £80 though.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy