Author Topic: Survey: What's the typical personality profile of a Walker?  (Read 4519 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Well I, for one, would like to welcome sport-personality to the forum and look forward with an almost unbearable anticipation to their long and continued contribution to this forum  O0

Arr Bisto.........
 good old fashioned sarcasm.  You just can't beat it.  O0

May I add my heartey welcome to the list.  Can't wait to discuss the sport of walking with them.  ::)

tonyk

• Veteran Member
Hello everyone,

We are scientists from the Ruhr-University in Bochum in Germany and currently researching how athletes from different sports and at different proficiency levels differ in their personalities.

We created a survey in which you are asked to characterize the typical athlete one meets in your sport and the ideal athlete for your sport.
The survey takes about 20 minutes and as compensation, we will later inform you about the typical personality profile of your sport!

Link to survey:
tinyurl.com/bochum-sport-personality-en?S=16

Feel free to share the link with other people of your/other sports!
If you have questions, leave them in the comments and we will try to answer them.

Thank you so much in advance!

Since when have Qigong,Zumba and underwater rugby been classified as sports?

pleb

• Veteran Member
Another YAWN  ::)
You need more beauty sleep  ;D
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

pleb

• Veteran Member
Link doesn't work.

pleb

• Veteran Member
I know, your Ladyship. That's the way I took it  O0

Just annoys me (among other things) when they sign up, post about a survey or App and ask for feedback, or in this case "only" 20 minutes of our time and they normally don't return, wasting our time.

If however, a survey etc was started by a forum member that would be a different story and I would be glad to help  O0
Do you ever go for a walk?
A. Yes
B. No
C Banana sellotape
D. What's a walk?

beefy

• Veteran Member
You need more beauty sleep  ;D
Oi  >:(
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
I'm not sure that, if serious, such an approach would be useful? For a start, surely to be meaningful, you would at least have to define by what you mean by a 'Walker'. Most people walk, even if its going to the local shop, or to the other extreme of walking across continents, or more. As an individual, I am somewhere in between but I have no idea where I would fit in? For example, I'm not that keen on all day walks and given a choice, would prefer to have at least an overnight stay or more. Some people like day walking and perhaps would not stay out overnight or might only consider it a few days a year? I wouldn't have a clue how to categorise the people on the forum, I'm sure we have something that links us together, but at the same time I'm sure we are very different as well.

Would we have a personality type, personally I doubt it but I'm prepared to be proved wrong. Am I perhaps an athlete, that ceratainly made me smile!

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member

I'm sure we have something that links us together.

I would guess that the majority of us have two-feet.

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
What an earth is Qigong?

RogerA

What an earth is Qigong?

I want to say a small furry creature originally in the original star trek .... but I'm probably wrong

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member

I gave in and checked :

qigong

tʃiːˈɡɒŋ /

noun
noun: qigong

• a Chinese system of physical exercises and breathing control related to tai chi.

• Mel

• Veteran Member
    I want to say a small furry creature originally in the original star trek .... but I'm probably wrong

That was a Tribble  :D

:-[

tonyk

• Veteran Member
    What an earth is Qigong?

A method of cultivating qi.Qi = energy,gong = work.There are more than 3000 qigong methods in China.

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
    I'd much rather it was a small furry creature from star trek!

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
    One one the upsides of being in grasp of the common colds entrant for the millennium bug stakes, was missing this topic. However the need to distract myself from yet another painful bout coughing that threatens to open up the top of my head, I loaded the link into my web browser, tried to suffer the pretentious nonsense for a spell, after a page or to several personalities started emerge. All are the type I fervently wish not to meet in the countryside, and how could I truly build up my hero, the walker, who outwits the occupant claiming to own it all.

Having typed in walker; I was automatically labelled  gardetanz, happily assuming myself to be some form garden ornament, but subsequently find myself to be a Maybe: Carnival and Show Dance.

If I do meet the personality profiles that do seem to emerge from the lists I think I will add tazer, syringe and bottle of euthanol, to my walking kit as a tin of spray on invisibility has yet to hit the market.
    BWW
    Their Land is in Our Country.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy