Author Topic: An Teallach  (Read 2733 times)

greenman

An Teallach
« on: 19:06:34, 17/04/08 »
going to do An Teallach 30th July, anyone have any advice
greenman

muymalestado

Re: An Teallach
« Reply #1 on: 19:24:07, 17/04/08 »
Its on the list for 'someday'.  They talk about a dangerous 'Bad Step'.  I believe a few deaths have occurred there.  Hope you report back safe and sound.  Enjoy.
I think this next one will be the top ...

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:14:24, 17/04/08 »
I find it better to go S - N, then you go up the bad step, much easier! After that, the pinnacles are pretty straightforward and can be taken or avoided more or less at will.

Rather than take the bad step direct (a greasy, exposed section of vertical Diff climbing), there's a route that goes up a sort of slabby groove a bit further round to the left (west), there's an obvious path leading to it. The traverse of the pinnacles is described in some detail in the SMC guideboook "Highland Scrambles North".

One of the best on the mainland. Enjoy!

Ben Dearg Mhor and Ben Dearg Beag make another stunning but lesser-known traversewith similar scrambling, provided you can get across the river(s) by Shenavall and can get someone to drop you off at Corrie Hallie and pick you up at Gruinard Bay

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

greenman

« Reply #3 on: 21:14:47, 17/04/08 »
thanks for the reply chaps.
I am doing th climb with my brother during a tour around Scotland ( Ben Nevis two days earlier )
Can not wait.
greenman

snowslider

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 07:12:33, 31/07/08 »
I was up there last week. Personally I approached from the west which is not the normal way. I wild camped at a lochan under An Teallach which was pleasent and I would recommend it if you wanted to make it a couple of days.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy