Author Topic: West Highland Way  (Read 1362 times)

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
West Highland Way
« on: 12:45:25, 12/11/08 »
I just loved this trail and was very lucky to be up on Ben Lomond at 07:30 one morning - I woke up at 05:30 and looked out of the window and thought why not. Everytime I look at the pictures it makes me want to return there, and I was so lucky with the weather

http://www.ramblingpete.walkingplaces.co.uk/whwintro.htm

http://www.ramblingpete.walkingplaces.co.uk/whwlomond.htm - this is the Ben Lomond walk

vertigo girl

Re: West Highland Way
« Reply #1 on: 19:02:24, 12/11/08 »
Really enjoyed your blog. Accessed it at work today but unable to view the pictures.

Brought back mostly good memories of the WHW. Have attempted it three times and  completed it twice. 
The first attempt ended in failure after Inversnaid. The track is tortuous and although we thought we were prepared, it proved not to be so.

Very disappointing as had been looking forward to it for some time.

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 06:21:25, 13/11/08 »
Thank you - The photos are stored on Photobucket and depending on your internet connection, they can be slow to load.

I found the bit beyond Inversnaid (and before down by the loch) very tortuous and was tired at the end of the day. But that might have been Ben Lomond the day before. But on the plus side the views and peace down by the loch made it all worth while. Everyone I met at Beinglas looked glad to have finished the day.

agentmancuso

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:32:53, 11/01/09 »
Some decent photos there ramblingpete. It's been nine years since I last walked the WHW, and it's nice to have the memory jogged.

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:54:50, 11/01/09 »
When I'm stuck on night shift somewhere not so nice, it's good to look back and the pictures take me right there - I was lucky with the weather though. Lets hope for a repeat this year in May.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy