Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 573583 times)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2280 on: 22:31:11, 21/09/17 »
Hopefully be walking some more of the cuckoo way. ..

That's a new one on me micmac!  ** goes off to Google it** lol
***Happiness is only a smile away***

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2281 on: 22:34:58, 21/09/17 »
Oh my life, I've walked some of it! :D   Had no idea it was called the Cuckoo Way though. :-[
I walked the section from Worksop to Retford a couple of years ago!

***Happiness is only a smile away***

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2282 on: 22:48:56, 21/09/17 »
As I'm reading this our cuckoo clock just signalled 11:00 PM.  Yes I know it's 20 minutes fast gets us up for 7:00 am O0   Great name for a route. :)

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2283 on: 13:29:16, 22/09/17 »
Weekend without walking this week, domestic duties calling.  Have the multifuel stove to clean and service before the onset of winter, have the front garden to tidy, have the back garden to tidy, have the caravan to tidy, have two dumpy bags of logs to stack..... damn, how I wish i was walking this weekend ;).
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Zambuck

« Reply #2284 on: 19:22:54, 22/09/17 »
We are taking a stroll up Snowdon tomorrow. Hopefully the weather improves :)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2285 on: 20:10:34, 23/09/17 »
I walked over the downs from the outskirts of Seaford to East Dean today, partly on the alternative Alfriston to Eastbourne route of the South Downs Way.  I took in Lullington Heath, which has some chalk heathland, a rare habitat.  An interesting and scenic walk    :)

Zambuck

« Reply #2286 on: 05:31:15, 24/09/17 »
We are taking a stroll up Snowdon tomorrow. Hopefully the weather improves :)

Aww, we had to turn around just after Clogwyn Station as the winds were just too strong to risk the more exposed sections higher up as we had our 10month old with us. Other than that it was a pleasant morning out and looking forward to returning in future.

jethro10

« Reply #2287 on: 09:42:20, 24/09/17 »
We did our walk yesterday, as part of the Ambleside Festival of the Fells. A guided tour round the mining history of the Coppermines Valley, Coniston. Fascination tour by a true enthusiast. Mark Hatton of http://www.catmhs.org.uk/
Talks on the waterwheel pits, leats to carry water to the wheels from the becks that cover miles, and some locked tunnel entrances he holds the key for that we got in to see the remains of the working and machinery left inside.
If it's on the go next year, well worth a visit.
J

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2288 on: 09:31:17, 02/10/17 »
Although the forecast wasn't great, went for a short circular walk in the mist and drizzle yesterday. Parked near Rushup Edge, over Brown Knoll, down to South Head and then back round via the Pennine Bridleway.

Didn't get many pics as there wasn't much to see in the clag but the breeze was mild and it wasn't as wet as expected so it ended up being a nice "blow the cobwebs away" ramble. I'd never been up close to Roych Clough before. It's a really beautiful spot, looking forward to returning in better conditions. Just above it we saw a massive owl take wing at our approach and fly into some trees - it was a beautiful sight.  :)

Codster

« Reply #2289 on: 10:43:10, 02/10/17 »
Helvellyn hopefully, watching the weather, hoping it calms down by Friday.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2290 on: 19:11:56, 02/10/17 »
Had a nice walk round Sproatley (East Yorkshire) on Saturday with my WI walking group.  4 miles in the sunshine and warm winds, across fields and along quiet country lanes.  Lovely  :)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2291 on: 17:07:05, 03/10/17 »
Had a nice walk round Sproatley (East Yorkshire) on Saturday with my WI walking group.  4 miles in the sunshine and warm winds, across fields and along quiet country lanes.  Lovely  :)

Bliss, walked several miles in mist and the rain here.  Always knew Yorkshire had the best weather. ;D

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2292 on: 11:17:09, 05/10/17 »
Heading up to Budle Bay saturday night with the pop top, will get a walk in around Bamburgh/Lindisfarne/Amble area on sunday all being well.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Tyldesley Paul

« Reply #2293 on: 14:40:22, 05/10/17 »
Off to Pendle Hill  :)

micmac

« Reply #2294 on: 15:04:39, 05/10/17 »
Oh my life, I've walked some of it! :D   Had no idea it was called the Cuckoo Way though. :-[
I walked the section from Worksop to Retford a couple of years ago!

I would say that is the best part especially the Turner wood section, that bit is very pretty.
I'm finishing it this weekend, only got the Killamarsh to Chesterfield section to do.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy