Author Topic: Walking trousers  (Read 3331 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking trousers
« Reply #15 on: 18:40:35, 14/09/17 »
I love my Craghoppers Classic Kiwi trousers, have one std and two of the convertible and love them, in fact wearing a pair for work right now!  Very good price in Go Outdoors right now as already mentioned above.

My question to this above which the lined version, how much warmer are they?

Thanks
They definitely warmer but not sure how to quantify it. I lack the necessary measuring equipment  ;)
Solvitur Ambulando

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 18:54:11, 14/09/17 »
I have several pairs of the Craggy Kiwi Pro Stretch trousers (love 'em!) but  I bought some Karrimor "Stretch Trousers" from Field and Trek in Keswick earlier in the year for £18.  For those of you who love the Craghoppers Kiwi Pro Stretch trousers, as far as I can see, they are identical in every way, including the strange reinforced hem and glasses cleaner in the pocket  :D   The only difference (if you can call it that) is the sizing is smaller so you'd need to buy a size larger than normal.

wobblyknees

« Reply #17 on: 20:56:10, 14/09/17 »
including the strange reinforced hem and glasses cleaner in the pocket

Never noticed anything strange about the hem on my Kiwi shorts but always wondered about the merit of glasses cleaner attached in the cargo pocket. I always found them a nuisance and shortly got rid of them.

tillster

« Reply #18 on: 08:48:16, 15/09/17 »
I have just 2 pairs of trousers, Fjallraven Abisko for when I'm at fighting weight, and the seemingly ubiquitous Craghopper Pro Stretch for other times. I seem to wear the Cragg's more often than not.

However, I'm not sure how funny I'd find them in winter or with a bit of sharp wind ..... I'm heading to Wicklow next week with them, so I'm about to find out myself

I'd also echo a wee bit the sizing comment above. I have the 38 waist model but its more like a 37 IME ........ if you were planning on wearing some thermals underneath I reckon it'd be snug.

Try before you buy, but if you do fit them then I don't think there can be much better trouser for your buck

(unless someone close to you stocks Prana Stretch trousers, which I've read very nice things about)

Zambuck

« Reply #19 on: 12:35:16, 15/09/17 »
Hi and thanks for all the advice I eventually bought some pro stretch trousers and I love them. :)

As did I due to the advice from this thread.
Fantastic bit of clothing.  Even go the wife to get a pair for herself!

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 13:58:18, 15/09/17 »
However, I'm not sure how funny I'd find them in winter or with a bit of sharp wind .....

I can tell you ... they're cold. I wouldn't use mine in winter conditions.
Where there's a will ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy