Author Topic: Knee Braces  (Read 1154 times)

ActiveDanny

Knee Braces
« on: 09:25:14, 17/09/17 »
Hey everyone, thanks for all of the support that was given in my introduction post. I am currently waiting for my visa and then me and my girlfriend will be off to the UK where we will be walking all the time (that's what she says anyways). If this is true, then I need to get myself a knee brace to make sure nothing happens in the middle of a long walk.

A couple years ago I dislocated my knee and ended up tearing some tendons and ligaments. The result is a knee that doesn't always point straight and sometimes slides out of place without me even knowing. I used to have a good knee brace that I would put under neath my gear but I got rid of it after stopping sports. Now I am in need of another good knee brace so that I don't end up popping my knee out of place at a completely inappropriate time. Does anyone hear have some good recommendations for knee braces that I could get in the UK/order before I get there? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 09:38:09, 17/09/17 by ActiveDanny »

jethro10

Re: Knee Braces
« Reply #1 on: 10:45:20, 17/09/17 »
My wife got the same one as a girl at her exercise class - she was happy with it. The wife now uses it for walking every time as well as the exercise class and swears by it.
Finburn knee brace

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FinBurst-Knee-Brace-Reinforced-Satisfaction/dp/B016BVC3UQ

ActiveDanny

« Reply #2 on: 08:07:31, 18/09/17 »
My wife got the same one as a girl at her exercise class - she was happy with it. The wife now uses it for walking every time as well as the exercise class and swears by it.
Finburn knee brace

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FinBurst-Knee-Brace-Reinforced-Satisfaction/dp/B016BVC3UQ [nofollow]

That one seems to have good patella support, I will check it out closer. Thanks!

happyhiker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 00:07:46, 19/09/17 »
I tore some knee tendons a few years ago. I opted for a hinged support. It may have been the one in this link. It was certainly very like it. I found the hinged arrangement provided great support and I was using it to play badminton which involves a lot of twisting and turning of the knees.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PhysioRoom-Advanced-Hinged-Knee-Brace/dp/B004HYVPDQ/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1505775460&sr=8-11&keywords=hinged+knee+brace

ActiveDanny

« Reply #4 on: 14:58:27, 20/09/17 »
I have never really liked the hinged supports (mainly because they were not allowed in most sports) but that one looks pretty good, thanks for the tip!

ActiveDanny

« Reply #5 on: 10:26:19, 21/09/17 »
Hey everyone, thanks for all of the support that was given in my introduction post. I am currently waiting for my visa and then me and my girlfriend will be off to the UK where we will be walking all the time (that's what she says anyways). If this is true, then I need to get myself a knee brace [nofollow] to make sure nothing happens in the middle of a long walk.

A couple years ago I dislocated my knee and ended up tearing some tendons and ligaments. The result is a knee that doesn't always point straight and sometimes slides out of place without me even knowing. I used to have a good knee brace that I would put under neath my gear but I got rid of it after stopping sports. Now I am in need of another good knee brace so that I don't end up popping my knee out of place at a completely inappropriate time. Does anyone hear have some good recommendations for knee braces that I could get in the UK/order before I get there? Thanks in advance.

I ended up getting a Finburst Knee brace like happyhiker suggested, and I went out for a short jog with it last night. I am thoroughly impressed, this seems like a knee brace that will be with me for a long time and might even help get my knee in better shape. Thanks everyone for their input!
« Last Edit: 10:31:06, 21/09/17 by ActiveDanny »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy