Author Topic: Hello from St Leonards on Sea, Sussex  (Read 969 times)

bibi_lapetite

Hello from St Leonards on Sea, Sussex
« on: 11:46:04, 14/11/17 »
Hello to everyone on here,

As a newbie, I am joining predominantly to make sure that I get out and do lots of walking in the coming months. I have just come back from a 1,200km walk in France and Spain that included sections of the camino. It was a wonderful experience and I am keen to stay fit and explore the British countryside. I have also recently moved from London to Sussex, close to Hastings, which should make it all easier to get outdoors, especially on the South downs.

As I haven't done any more than a day or two's walk in the UK I am learning the ropes in terms of the best and most affordable ways to enjoy nature here. I am interested in walking groups, advice on accommodation and also sharing experiences of walking anywhere in the world. Any tips are welcome as well as friendly hellos!

Peace.

Bibi

Rather be walking

Re: Hello from St Leonards on Sea, Sussex
« Reply #1 on: 12:22:12, 14/11/17 »
Welcome from the south coast just north of the City of Portsmouth  O0
““The hardest part was coming to terms with the constant dispiriting discovery that there is always more hill.”
― Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

Woodsman

« Reply #2 on: 17:12:23, 14/11/17 »
Hi Bibi welcome from the County of Durham. O0
Cheers
          Kevin

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:48:44, 14/11/17 »
Welcome from Old Portsmouth

John Walker

« Reply #4 on: 20:41:17, 15/11/17 »
Hi Bibi

Welcome from Twickenham in SW London. In Hastings you are well placed for walks in the South Downs National Park.  Have you heard of the South Downs Way National Trail https://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/south-downs-way?  You can do day walks from Hastings, accessible by public transport, at the Eastern end.  Also if you like coastal walks the England Coast Path https://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/england-coast-path-se is opening up in sections in the near  future.  There is already a longish open section near you, from Camber to Folkestone.  Lots to enjoy :)

JW
http://www.greenlives.org.uk/walk.html
National Trails completed: SWCP, Thames, SDW and NDW

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:39:24, 15/11/17 »
Hi Bibi and welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

bibi_lapetite

« Reply #6 on: 12:17:58, 18/11/17 »
Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome and especially to John for the detailed advice! I have heard of both of these and plan to get to know them a little better in the coming months. The coastal path is a wonderful initiative. I do enjoy a coastal walk and spent a few weeks walking the GR34 this summer, it is an 1800km old customs patrol path that runs from Mont St Michel to below Vannes in Brittany. It  is also worth looking into if you enjoy that part of the world.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy