Author Topic: Can you get different coloured (ie not black) goretex patches?  (Read 943 times)

humansnail

Been looking online for goretex patches to repair a rip in my navy blue waterproof jacket but can only seem to find black ones. No big deal really but would be interested to know if anyone had ever come across any in other colours?

Addingham

Been looking online for goretex patches to repair a rip in my navy blue waterproof jacket but can only seem to find black ones. No big deal really but would be interested to know if anyone had ever come across any in other colours?

Plenty of repair kits in various colours. For a tear in Goretex a gortex patch is not really needed. Unless enormous. Mcnett is the best bet. Can be various colours plus clear. HTH

NeilC

• Veteran Member

Plenty of repair kits in various colours. For a tear in Goretex a gortex patch is not really needed. Unless enormous. Mcnett is the best bet. Can be various colours plus clear. HTH

I've repaired rips by putting smearing their Seam Seal on a suitable bit of material and patching from the back. Once that stuff cures it's not going anywhere. Even just the Tenacious Tape can stay on for a long time. I did my daughters coat 2 years ago and it's still stuck on.

humansnail

Thanks alot. I could only see the black mcnett patches, but now I know you can get them in other colours I'll keep looking.

I did find some tenacious tape in the colour I was after so it's good to know that that works too.

Is the spinnaker tape any good? That was recommended by a friend but I don't think he often goes out when it's chucking it down! :)

Thanks again!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy