Author Topic: Pennine Way Accommodation  (Read 7668 times)

Rocky

Pennine Way Accommodation
« on: 13:23:22, 21/01/18 »
I'm walking the Pennine Way for the 6th time this summer. I'm struggling to find accommodation in Cowling. I've stayed at Winterscales Farm in the past but can't seem to contact them. Has anyone any suggestions for where I should stay? Given my schedule, Cowling is a natural stopping place.

My second question is can anyone recommend a taxi app (preferably not Uber) for the Cowling/Keighley area and one for the Settle area. If I need to get a pickup to overnight in a larger town, it would be nice to book a cab as I come down from the tops.

Thanks

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Pennine Way Accommodation
« Reply #1 on: 13:33:36, 21/01/18 »
I almost stayed here 2 years ago, may be worth a look
https://bedandbreakfast.uk/property.asp?PropertyID=1765

Rocky

« Reply #2 on: 13:37:57, 21/01/18 »
Thanks!! I'm struggling to get through to them.....the phone keeps getting cut off. I will persist.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:45:21, 21/01/18 »
I almost stayed here 2 years ago, may be worth a look
https://bedandbreakfast.uk/property.asp?PropertyID=1765
I stayed there in 2014, owners gave me tea and cake in the conservatory before I got changed and advised me of places to eat in the evening.  I ate at Rita’s Continental Mediterranean Restaurant just down the road, a large Pepperoni Pizza and a pint of lager for £7.95!  Can't recall the room but it must have been OK as I didn't mention it wasn't in my journal.

Rocky

« Reply #4 on: 13:54:30, 21/01/18 »
I know that restaurant - it used to be a pub and a Chinese restaurant before that. Nice place.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 13:58:40, 21/01/18 »
Thanks!! I'm struggling to get through to them.....the phone keeps getting cut off. I will persist.
B&B owners sometimes take time off in the winter for their holidays so yes continue to try say daily.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:42:50, 21/01/18 »
Definitely still going last year, I tried to book but it was full when I wanted it.  Ending up camping in Lothersdale.
Where there's a will ...

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:51:26, 22/01/18 »
Did you camp in the bungalow front garden just up the road from the pub? For me, ideal, two minutes away from a pint and a meal.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 08:55:09, 22/01/18 »
Yep  O0
Where there's a will ...

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 10:43:49, 22/01/18 »
Stayed at Woodlands in August. Good place. Think it is the only real option in town. Winterhouse Barn stopped as B&B a couple of years ago

Rocky

« Reply #10 on: 11:48:04, 22/01/18 »
Just had a message back from Woodlands to say they’ve stopped doing B&B. It looks like a cab pickup and a night over in Skipton is the only option.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 12:02:24, 22/01/18 »
That's a shame, leaves a bit of a hole now if you want b&b accommodation on route between Hebden and Malham.
Where there's a will ...

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 17:15:51, 22/01/18 »
That is actually a problem on most normal schedules. Maybe Ponden then onto Gargrave then Horton

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 18:47:08, 22/01/18 »
That's certainly an option, had forgotten about Ponden  ;D
« Last Edit: 18:53:11, 22/01/18 by sussamb »
Where there's a will ...

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 19:07:59, 22/01/18 »
Yes we did Hebden to Ponden to Gargrave, but then we had only a short walk to Malham , so had a bit of a rest. But we did walk it over 19 days  :D  We just had to keep jugging the schedule around until we found one that fitted us best. I do recall my hubby only had 5 days to Malham at first and I was a bit concerned about long mileage on a couple of days so early on, so we changed it to 6 but of course you can never even the days out! Seems to be getting a bit of a problem on a lot of long distance walks now, there’s always one or two places with a lack of accommodation. Perhaps I’ll open a B&B up, Lothersdale maybe, that would be a good place, any takers?  ;D
« Last Edit: 19:11:33, 22/01/18 by rural roamer »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy