Author Topic: Snowdon - with autistic child .  (Read 982 times)

mismlx1

Snowdon - with autistic child .
« on: 07:41:40, 10/05/18 »
I greet everyone , I have a six years old son with autism , and Alex only goes on sticks . I would like to take him on Snowdon but I cannot take him by myself only . I don’t want take him on the train , first of all he can be scared and secondly is not the same - you know what I mean .I think the Pyg track isn’t dangerous . If some one is willing to help please let me know - we can organise a trip .  O0

tonyk

• Veteran Member
Re: Snowdon - with autistic child .
« Reply #1 on: 14:52:17, 10/05/18 »
 Carry him on your back and make sure you take several tins of spam to eat.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:04:29, 10/05/18 »
For outright safety, i would recommend using the Snowdon range path up the mountain.
It has the easiest terrain anywhere on the mountain, if you are worried about the personal safety of your young son.
There are no steep gradients, and no potential slippery rocks to worry you about,  and its the only route where you can climb the mountain without using  your hands.

I know the Miners and Pyg tracks are amongst the most popular routes up the mountain, but for outright safety for someone using sticks, and may be scared of heights, the Snowdon Ranger path offers the best alternative for a successful attempt on the mountain.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:55:57, 10/05/18 »
I greet everyone , I have a six years old son with autism , and Alex only goes on sticks . I would like to take him on Snowdon but I cannot take him by myself only . I don’t want take him on the train , first of all he can be scared and secondly is not the same - you know what I mean .I think the Pyg track isn’t dangerous . If some one is willing to help please let me know - we can organise a trip .  O0

The Pyg Track may not be dangerous - for an able bodied 6 year old. 

I'd strongly recommend re-thinking your plans as I don't think you'll get any takers for your request.  The responsibility for YOUR child's safety would weigh too heavily.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy