Author Topic: First solo camp  (Read 1198 times)

Carlwhitaker

First solo camp
« on: 18:14:25, 24/11/18 »
Hi all...if anyone can help me please?... I'm going to be doing my first solo camp anytime soon, just wondered if anyone knows any easy camp spots to get to?, if possible, on the more easterly side?... if i can get to know a few spots....Will be easier to plan!:)... thankyou in advance...

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: First solo camp
« Reply #1 on: 22:55:58, 24/11/18 »
Hi all...if anyone can help me please?... I'm going to be doing my first solo camp anytime soon, just wondered if anyone knows any easy camp spots to get to?, if possible, on the more easterly side?... if i can get to know a few spots....Will be easier to plan!:)... thankyou in advance...

Easterly side of...…………………??
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 23:44:15, 24/11/18 »

Easterly side of...…………………??

ESPs Ville Arizona   :D
(ten points for anyone recognising the tenuous link in this name ..... clues can be arranged if necessary)
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Carlwhitaker

« Reply #3 on: 08:42:07, 25/11/18 »
Was going to say nearer the Sheffield side....sorted some trails now.... going up round ladybower....👌🏻

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:07:16, 25/11/18 »
I remember my first camp just before I started to seriously hike. It was just off a local footpath near to my home. The suggestion was made by someone I knew at the time. He said pack your rucksack and try to think it through before you camp, what needs to be done, in what order and when. I was in a muddle as soon as I stopped and after I woke up I was still in a muddle! I went back home and sorted my stuff out again, at least then I had some real experience of camping from a rucksack to rely on. After that, my first real camp on a proper hike was at Edale. I even remember a couple, at seeing my beginners efforts, gave me a KitKat when I finally sorted myself out.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy