Author Topic: Photo hosting sites (again....sorry)  (Read 4689 times)

Warbler

Photo hosting sites (again....sorry)
« on: 13:10:04, 30/04/19 »

There was a recent thread about which are the more favoured photo hosting sites, but I can't seem to find it.

I'm not that techy minded when it comes to photography so I need a "hosting for dummies" type site...….and free of course!

Any suggestions please.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Re: Photo hosting sites (again....sorry)
« Reply #1 on: 15:03:55, 30/04/19 »
http://flickr.com is ideal if you're hosting lots of photos though a little harder to use.

http://tinypic.com is what I use for everything not on Flickr and it's easier.

http://imgbb.com also works.

Resizing to 640x480 is best as it works on phones too where as bigger than that distorts.

Edit: I thought you meant to post on the forum not to host your own collection. Flickr is good.

Warbler

« Reply #2 on: 22:11:09, 30/04/19 »

Thanks Rob.

Just registered with tinypic. I'll see how that works.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 11:57:12, 20/05/19 »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2254516511263246&set=a.173579852690266&type=3&theater
Trying again to see if I can post from FB as I used to be able to do.
Seemingly not >:(
« Last Edit: 12:00:36, 20/05/19 by Jac »
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:26:01, 20/05/19 »
Jac that link is wrong I'm logged into Facebook and can't see it. Maybe it's not public?

I think you might be able to post Facebook photos to the forum but they may only show up for people logged into Facebook. You'll have to log out and test it.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:52:48, 20/05/19 »
Jac that link is wrong I'm logged into Facebook and can't see it. Maybe it's not public?

I think you might be able to post Facebook photos to the forum but they may only show up for people logged into Facebook. You'll have to log out and test it.

Aha! that may be the answer. for ages I didn't realise that when posting phots on fb you could make them private/friends/public etc so probably they all went on as public. I'll change this one (it was private as just being for this test).
Should now be public

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:14:39, 20/05/19 »
I still can't open that link Jac says content not found.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 13:30:15, 20/05/19 »
I still can't open that link Jac says content not found.

Sigh - back to the drawing board then :(

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 15:40:00, 20/05/19 »
I use tinypic for posting to the forum.  Free, no need to log in. You can resize easily from the front page even before you download then copy the bulletin board/forum link straight into your post.
Solvitur Ambulando

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 17:17:40, 20/05/19 »

I already spend too much time on photos, editing then choosing and loading them onto fb. and was hoping to avoid adding extra steps. It used to work fine; I think it went pear shaped when I changed to windows10.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 17:25:42, 20/05/19 »
Changing to Windows 10 wouldn't cause this problem, the URL is wrong, Facebook privacy options prevent it or possibly something I didn't think of but it's not your end so not Windows 10.

Edit: I'm not sure you could directly use a Facebook photo like that as an image either since it's not the actual image URL it's a Facebook page.
« Last Edit: 17:34:24, 20/05/19 by Rob Goes Walking »

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 18:16:42, 20/05/19 »
Hi Jac

When I used Facebook all my images were set to private / friends only yet I could still copy them to here.

I'm not sure what you're doing but this is what I did .... In FB click on the image I wanted to share to here then right click within the image and select "copy image address"; back on the forum I'd then select "post reply" and then click on the little Insert Image button (top left under the "B" button) and paste the gobbledegook into there.  Click OK and voila... image appears in the post reply box.

Way back in the day, you could just copy/paste the image without all that palava but something either on the forum or FB changed and you have to fanny around inserting image now.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 18:28:21, 20/05/19 »
Have just logged in to facebook to see if what I've just said still works, lol....

apparently yes it does.... but just in case that's a fluke because it's a public post, here's one that's definitely locked / private...

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 19:58:19, 20/05/19 »
Have just logged in to facebook to see if what I've just said still works, lol....

Now one of those contraptions didn't stop a one eyed, 3 legged welsh mutt having a good bite at my buttock, perhaps dogs are more ingenious than their salivating human counterpart.
Somewhere there is a description of this particular canine encounter in the dusty basement of this forum, together with other members encounters, never thought I would see it as a fashion accessory.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 20:05:48, 20/05/19 »
To be fair, I should have posted that in the "Diet and Nutrition" topic  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy