Author Topic: Lake District.......Eastern Fells  (Read 5144 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Lake District.......Eastern Fells
« on: 18:21:27, 01/09/07 »
Today.

We left Ambleside and after a short walk up the Kirkstone road we gained access to the fells. The path to Red Screes is clear and easy to follow and we were soon on the summit looking down on the the Kirkstone Pass some 1000 feet below. From there we made our way to Middle Dodd and then contoured around the fellside to the top of the Scandale Pass. We returned to Ambleside down Scandale via High Sweden Bridge.
Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

darksky

• Veteran Member
Re: Lake District.......Eastern Fells
« Reply #1 on: 19:21:09, 04/09/07 »
 O0 :smiley6600: have you been up snowdon? as im thinking of going but from what ive learnt and seen its busy with workmen and machinery, is it worth it?
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:15:46, 04/09/07 »
O0 :smiley6600: have you been up snowdon? as im thinking of going but from what ive learnt and seen its busy with workmen and machinery, is it worth it?

I've not been up Snowdon for a few years but from what I hear they are building a new station/cafe/etc at the summit. I believe the train only goes as far as the halfway station now.
Dave

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:46:59, 04/09/07 »
 O0 thanx Dave for that bit of info on snowdon.., have you done much wild camping in lake district particular on the mountains them selves? as I'm thinking of camping on helvellyn. what do you think?
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:43:43, 04/09/07 »
 :) Dave Ive just seen your website..,very good mate i must say, have you got a licence for them legs hahaha, only kidding Dave, excellent website, well done.

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 08:16:33, 05/09/07 »
O0 thanx Dave for that bit of info on snowdon.., have you done much wild camping in lake district particular on the mountains them selves? as I'm thinking of camping on helvellyn. what do you think?

I've never done any wild camping as such. I've spent a few nights on the fells in summer time using the survival bag but that was many moons ago.
If your properly equipped I don't see any problems with wild camping on Helvellyn although the summit area is very exposed. Maybe Grisedale Tarn would be a better option but as I say I'm no expert on this.
Cheers,
Dave

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:20:57, 18/09/07 »

I've never done any wild camping as such. I've spent a few nights on the fells in summer time using the survival bag but that was many moons ago.
If your properly equipped I don't see any problems with wild camping on Helvellyn although the summit area is very exposed. Maybe Grisedale Tarn would be a better option but as I say I'm no expert on this.
Cheers,
Dave
thanks once again for that, i might camp on RED TARN as its nearest to HELVELLYNs sumitt.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy