Author Topic: Oboz Men's Sawtooth Mid B-DRY Waterproof Walking Boots - £28.51 Ebay  (Read 1802 times)

nesty

I'd thought start another thread to prevent the bargain one getting clogged up. Taken the chance under the ebay guarantee. If anyone gets their order updated, maybe can inform here.
Mine still says payment pending.
Generally ebay are often quick to delete any suspicious activity listing!   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oboz-Sawtooth-Mid-Bdry-Mens-Brown-Waterproof-Walking-Outdoors-Boots-Shoes/113103425002  

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
Mine still says payment pending.

Where does it say this? On your My Ebay Summary Page under the Orders section even though you've already paid for the item using PayPal?

It may be worth contacting eBay for some clarification as to the reason why your purchase is still showing as payment pending even though you've paid?

You know what they say about when something looks just too good to be true.  :o

Given  the price I always thought this item might be a gamble/risk but given that the purchase is covered by the eBay's Money Back Guarantee provided that you paid using PayPal I didn't consider it to be too much of a risk before posting them as a possible bargain.

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member

I purchased some boots off ebay (the last time they were too good to be true) and the payment pending showed for about a week, I started an ebay 'complaint' and got my money back a week later after ebay investigated.
There was all sorts happening 'behind the scenes' with messages from ebay saying don't pay (I already had) etc etc etc.

Worth a punt, but at the end of the day the old saying holds-good.

nesty

I am using the ebay app.
It says payment pending when I go into my payment history. The summary says paid, though when I click on the item at the top it says payment pending.
In normal instance it might say paid, but not sent, or paid and delivery in progress etc. 

My reckoning is that paypal can't allocate the payment, or won't for some reason.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
The sooner you contact eBay Customer Services the sooner you will be able to get to the bottom of what's going on.

EDIT: This may not actually be as bad as it first appears. After a quick Google it appears that eBay/Paypal can and do hold the buyer's payment for up to 21 days on any new business seller's account until they build up some positive feedback (think I saw a figure of 25 transactions mentioned somewhere). Just how they expect the new seller to be able to fund the delivery of any purchased items via a courier without first having access to the buyer's payment is quite beyond me.  ::)
« Last Edit: 14:11:51, 27/06/18 by kinkyboots »

Requiem

• Veteran Member
Nope looks like a scam to me - Had this when I tried to buy a super cheap SSD drive a few months ago as well as a too-good-to-be-true OMM sleeping bag and both instances when the payment went into pending (as mine has done yesterday for these boots) I had to get a refund off eBay. Pretty annoying as they also had to refund me for pirated software last week from a scammer who they STILL haven't shut down.

eBays turning into a lottery these days

Roy
PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

nesty

Nope looks like a scam to me - Had this when I tried to buy a super cheap SSD drive a few months ago as well as a too-good-to-be-true OMM sleeping bag and both instances when the payment went into pending (as mine has done yesterday for these boots) I had to get a refund off eBay. Pretty annoying as they also had to refund me for pirated software last week from a scammer who they STILL haven't shut down.

eBays turning into a lottery these days

Roy

What's the best route forward, just wait until can log a case?

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
From the bits I read when I looked into this scenario my understanding is that eBay/PayPal will have placed a temporary hold on any buyer's payments for up to 21 days to safeguard it and prevent the seller withdrawing the money until they have built up sufficient positive feedback from buyers. At the same time they will have instructed the seller to dispatch the paid orders and to provide and update the tracking information on eBay's website.

For any orders placed yesterday the earliest any packages could possibly have been booked to be collected from the seller is today and even if they've been collected they probably won't appear and be trackable on Hermes website until tomorrow at the earliest. If nothing has been updated or appeared by Friday it would strongly suggest that there may well be a real problem.

There's always two sides to every story but there's nothing stopping you contacting eBay Customer Services now by Live Chat, phone or email to ask them what's going on from their side and to seek their advice due to the possibility of this listing being a potential attempted scam.

Although it may be inconvenient just remember that your money is perfectly safe due to eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

Requiem

• Veteran Member

What's the best route forward, just wait until can log a case?

Not being flippant, but the BEST route forward is for people (me included) to stop using eBay now - Its one big, infuriating scam. I've looked at my transactions and out of the 10 that I've done in the past year, 4 of them have resulted in my getting a refund. eBay is dodgy.
PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
It might just be me but from what I can see the listing for these has now mysteriously vanished off eBay's website - all I can see now is an error page for this item.

Hopefully any buyers will have received some form of communication from eBay with an explanation?

Strider

• Veteran Member
A note in my purchase history:

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

So we haven't lost anything as Paypal will still be holding the funds.
Not all those who wander are lost

Strider

• Veteran Member
Also received an email with further instructions.
Not all those who wander are lost

nesty

Received email sayung suspicous activity & saying if payment hasn't been taken then consider the transaction cancelled.

Hazy81

I’ve received the ebay notification about the boots, I’ve just logged on to my PayPal and cancelled the payment. Because the seller hadn’t claimed the money yet you can just cancel it.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Thanks for this, just cancelled my payment.Now need to go to Sports Direct  for some allotment boots.  :-X
Too little, too late, too bad......

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy