Author Topic: Karrimor - 20K jackets  (Read 19192 times)

hjmodi123

Re: Karrimor - 20K jackets
« Reply #30 on: 05:59:24, 05/10/17 »
Afternoon All,
Sports Direct have some new (I think) jackets in which are Karrimor 20K Waterproof (believe the model is 'Ridge') for £64.99.  These aren't 'branded' fabric (eVent or Goretex etc) but their own brand WTX. 
They are actually really nice jackets in terms of style and fit, but I always feel a little suspicious about Karrimor to be honest.  Just looking for others' experience or thoughts.  I am probably over thinking it, and I'm a "budget" walker (not someone who'd ever blow £300+ on the latest Montane shell as much as I'd love to :) ).

Hey!

Did you end up buying the Karrimor Ridge model? How did it fare (as I am thinking of buying the same one)?

mallyzxr750

Re: Karrimor - 20K jackets
« Reply #31 on: 11:44:17, 17/09/19 »
Bought the Karrimor Ridge jacket in blue 3 yrs ago and can honestly say its not let me down in anyway I spend a lot of time in the peak/lake district in all weathers its kept me warm and dry and shows no sign of stitching or zips failure its not even been re-proofed , before this i had a Berghaus jacket that cost twice as much which leaked at back of the neck so took it back for a refund I saw these jackets in Sports Direct I gave it a good inspection at all the zips/stitching/linning and thought a would give it a try ,,, so glad I did like I said earlier I bought 1 in black too and performs just as good , don't get me wrong some stuff from them are hit and miss but not the Karrimor Ridge jacket .

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy