Author Topic: Viewranger's 2017 Walking Challenge  (Read 9912 times)

Strider

• Veteran Member
Re: Viewranger's 2017 Walking Challenge
« Reply #30 on: 02:05:26, 19/10/17 »
Congrats Mel :)
Not all those who wander are lost

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 02:16:30, 24/12/17 »

... Now to complete my 365 miles personal goal by the end of the year  :)

37 miles to go folks.

Will I do it???

Tune in next week to find out (well, mebby the week after actually  ;D  )

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 22:37:08, 24/12/17 »
Go Mel Go. :)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 19:25:28, 29/12/17 »
My plans have been thwarted.

Right now, walking from the sofa to the kitchen is an ordeal and getting upstairs requires a rest stop and a cough halfway up.

DAMN YOU CHEST INFECTION  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

So here's hoping for a miraculous overnight recovery and the ability to do 30 miles in 2 days.

I'm putting a few more of these  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  in because I don't think I'm fully getting across how utterly [censored] OFF I am at this (and yes, that WAS swearing).

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

ONLY 30 MILES TO DO.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

And have some more for good measure  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 10:05:19, 30/12/17 »
I'm not sure if anyone else is getting it but I feel the vibe that maybe Mel isn't very happy  :D :D :D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 14:19:38, 30/12/17 »
My plans have been thwarted.
Right now, walking from the sofa to the kitchen is an ordeal and getting upstairs requires a rest stop and a cough halfway up.

DAMN YOU CHEST INFECTION  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

So here's hoping for a miraculous overnight recovery and the ability to do 30 miles in 2 days.

I'm putting a few more of these  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  in because I don't think I'm fully getting across how utterly [censored] OFF I am at this (and yes, that WAS swearing).

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

ONLY 30 MILES TO DO.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

And have some more for good measure  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sympathies, Mel. been there , coughed it up. :(

Started last week in November - only just feeling anything like proper viddy again.

Hope yours [censored] off quick than mine >:(
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 14:43:11, 30/12/17 »
My sympathies Mel
Despite a complicated house move in August which got in the way of a lot of walking for 3 months and a knee injury in September it hasn’t been a bad year. Exactly 100 walks logged this year. Mrs N has managed 603 miles which is a personal best and I have done 713.
Hopefully, we will walk more next year; 10 days walking in Austria already booked for starters and, having given Exmoor and the SWCP a good seeing to since September, Dartmoor and Cornish SWCP is in the sights for 2018.
Solvitur Ambulando

John Walker

« Reply #37 on: 16:40:43, 30/12/17 »
With just one day to go I've completed the ViewRanger 400 km challenge (it sounds better than 250 miles, don't you think?) :) .  It's pretty pathetic really as I reached 350 km back in September but so many things got in the way of walking. I had been trying only to log new walks but the holiday has made it difficult to get away (too much eating and drinking and not enough public transport) so I had to repeat a local Thames and parks walk to reach my target today, just in time. ???   
Must try harder in 2018....
JW
http://www.greenlives.org.uk/walk.html
National Trails completed: SWCP, Thames, SDW and NDW

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 21:44:36, 30/12/17 »

Bri, you noticed  :o   ... and there was me thinking I was being discrete  ;D

It's kakkapants isn't it Jac    >:(   I think coughs should be on the Banned List.  I've not heard of feeling "viddy" before?  Autocorrect gone wrong? Or is it a local word?  

Ninthace, your idea of "not a lot of walking" sounds like my idea of "a heck of a lot of walking"  :D   Well done for Mrs N on beating her PB  O0

Well done John Walker  O0   If I only logged my "proper walks" I'd be nowhere near 250 miles by now.  I logged everything ... and I mean EVERYTHING so I can't even quietly sit and think "oh, if I'd logged all my walks I'd have done it"  :(

I notice the VR Walking Challenges are back again for 2018 so I'm gonna give the 250 miles challenge another go, along with my own personal 365 challenge again.

In the meantime, here's something for the stat geeks amongst you to have a laugh at:

I did 338.97 miles in 182 walks. 83 of those were a mile long or less and were "functional" walks, eg. to/from the shops or job number 2 (see John Walker, they do add up so it's worth counting them!).
The majority of my walks were "out of the door" plods (hence, why people might only be able to see "private track" on the VR site).
My longest walk was 11.42 miles on a lovely sunny day in the Yorkshire Dales.
My total height climbed was 24,081ft.  The biggest height gain in one walk was 2,500ft on the "not quite Moel Eilio" forum meet back in March.
I spent a total of roughly 7.5 days walking.
My average speed was 1.84mph which, to be honest, is faster than I thought it would be.

So there you have it folks and folkesses.  That's me signing out of the VR 2017 Walking Challenge.  Thank you all for your support each time I resurrected this topic, it has been very much appreciated  :)

Worcester John

« Reply #39 on: 17:09:03, 31/12/17 »
Well, as the year comes to an end, I've just found this forum and looked up my ViewRanger Stats to find I've done 1,526.62 miles without noticing. 
Yep, retirement helps.
Disabled Ramblers https://disabledramblers.co.uk/ [nofollow]

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 18:13:46, 31/12/17 »

All sympathies Mel, I've been coughing and spluttering since boxing day and feeling very sorry for myself, but you sound in a much worse state.
Lets hope we are all back to fighting fit in the new year, once we've recovered from tomorrow's hangover.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 18:45:02, 31/12/17 »
Hope you feel better soon Islandplodder.  This cough/cold seems to have been doing the rounds for a couple of months. 

Worcester John 1.5k in a year, aye, that's pretty good going.  I don't think I drive that far, never mind walk  ;D

MichaelUK

« Reply #42 on: 18:56:43, 31/12/17 »
Ive signed up for next years challenge, 1500 miles. Should 50 or so in next week, a good start.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: 19:05:30, 31/12/17 »
I'll be signing up too MichaelUK....  For the 250 mile challenge though  ;D

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 11:22:22, 01/01/18 »
Bri, you noticed  :o   ... and there was me thinking I was being discrete  ;D

It's kakkapants isn't it Jac    >:(   I think coughs should be on the Banned List.  I've not heard of feeling "viddy" before?  Autocorrect gone wrong? Or is it a local word?  

'Viddy' is possibly just a Devon word (I've been down here 40 yrs so have picked up a bit of the local lingo!) meaning healthy/well/fit.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy