Author Topic: Please help me choose a walk !  (Read 3112 times)

Mammouth

Please help me choose a walk !
« on: 14:48:56, 19/03/08 »
Hi there,

I'm trying to find the wildest possible walk in Scotland ( I'm missing real wilderness after a 1 week walk in Tasmania last summer). I'm looking for a few days walk (3 to 5), preferably without any possums (yes, I hate those stupid and yet terribly clever animals. Don't think there are any out there anyway), with some good heights and summits, snow-free in April. Something cool not for faint-hearted people. I had a look on various websites, but there's too much I can't choose...

Any idea ?

Thanks,

M.

muymalestado

Re: Please help me choose a walk !
« Reply #1 on: 19:52:06, 19/03/08 »
1.) a big welcome
2.) from Kinlochbervie to Berridale
I think this next one will be the top ...

Mammouth

« Reply #2 on: 16:43:39, 21/03/08 »
Thanks for the answer !

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:19:10, 07/04/08 »
How about Letterewe North of Loch Maree. Full-on backpacking. Very very wild. Avoid the stalking season though!
You can cross the area from Kinlochewe to Dundonnell via Carnmore in 3 days, or 2 long days from Poolewe to Dundonnell. there is a network of well-maintained stalker's paths which help enormously. It's sometimes hard to cross the river beneath Shenavall bothy after heavy rain so judge it carefully. You could spend a week in the area and not see a road or a house. Have a look at OS sheet 19.....

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy