Author Topic: Ben Vrackie, Corbett.  (Read 3402 times)

weatherman

Ben Vrackie, Corbett.
« on: 22:43:25, 17/02/08 »
Drive to Pitlochry, then follow road signs for Moulin, car park NN944597

I arrived at 9.30, later found out the car park was full by 10.00ish. The path at the corner of car park leads into forest and wanders up through the forest path, the Moulin burn flowing beside it. The path starts to climb immediatley.
There has been a lot of tree felling recently and there are now open spaces where the forest was, some one has made this from the logs laying about.

Go through gate, on to the open moorland, 

continue on main path, past the signpost Bealach Walk to Loch a' Choire Dam NN948 625

follow path past Dam and follow the steep rock steps up the hillside to the grassy summit to the trig and cairn. NN 950 632

:)

« Last Edit: 11:31:25, 25/02/08 by weatherman »

muymalestado

Re: Ben Vrackie, Corbett.
« Reply #1 on: 20:44:17, 17/03/08 »
Nice report weatherman.  We drive by so often and never stop.  Oneday ...
I think this next one will be the top ...

karen_the_artist

« Reply #2 on: 12:31:13, 24/04/08 »
Lovely photos - Ben Vrackie was my first ever hill I climbed in Scotland just a month before we permanently moved up here.   O0

Did you have any close encounters with sheep up there?! One particular sheep stood right in front of me trying to get my choc biscuits!  ;D

The Craigower hill walk nearby is also worth doing (it's also along the small road from Moulin signposted to  Ben-Y- Vrackie, there is a left turn before you get to the Ben Vrackie parking, which takes you to the limited parking for the Craigower walk. Has magnificent views down Loch Tummel to Schiehallion and on a clear day the Buachaille Etive Mor... much better than Queens View.  Ideal for an afternoon's stroll.

Karen - lurking somewhere in Perthshire, Scotland

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:04:22, 01/07/08 »
This seems to be becoming a regular for me this summer... I've been using Newtonmore as a base a fair bit, and when charging up and down the A9 from Edinburgh Pitlochry makes a good coffee stop and Vrackie a good way to break the journey without being a full-on day.

Not had any particularly memorable encounters with sheep up there though!

Grand hill!

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

garyr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:15:22, 02/07/08 »
Some great pic's, we are going upto Pitlcohry for a week between Christmas and New
Year, hoping to bag this one while we are there ...
Gary

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy