Author Topic: Welcome to WalkingForum.co.uk - Please read  (Read 337797 times)

treehugger

• Account Closed
Re: Welcome to WalkingForum.co.uk - Please read
« Reply #1170 on: 09:10:45, 15/08/13 »
Thank you for the welcome I want to ask a couple of questions about the Pennine Way.
I am going to walk part of it from Haworth to Middleton in Teesdale as a lone woman (my friend has dropped out at the last minute through illness) I would love some advice.

Many thanks

Pamt
What's the question? :-\

pamt

« Reply #1171 on: 09:46:49, 15/08/13 »
Hi treehugger
Thank you for answering me.  Just wanted to know if it will be safe I don't mean knocking myself out with on a low hanging branch.
I am sure that women have walked this on their own.  It would just be nice to meet people on the way who are doing the walk.
My friend has dropped out at the last minute through no fault of her own she became ill  :(  so I am not cancelling just have to man up and get on with it. 
pamt

treehugger

• Account Closed
« Reply #1172 on: 16:20:19, 15/08/13 »
Hi treehugger
Thank you for answering me.  Just wanted to know if it will be safe I don't mean knocking myself out with on a low hanging branch.
I am sure that women have walked this on their own.  It would just be nice to meet people on the way who are doing the walk.
My friend has dropped out at the last minute through no fault of her own she became ill  :(  so I am not cancelling just have to man up and get on with it.
Don't know if ever been on the stretch you mention....maybe a little of it.  As for safety.....???? Where are you safe? Wouldn't like to guess...... :-\

MissQ

« Reply #1173 on: 23:44:42, 26/08/13 »
Hi, I've had an enjoyable time reading posts on this forum, but think it's about time I introduced myself.

I live in North Devon and try to get out for a walk as much as i can - I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the walking on my immediate doorstep (need to walk along some quite busy roads and oddly not a large amount of off road walking to be had, and I like a bit of mixed surfaces under my shoes)- though I am partial to a bit of the south west coast path from time to time. I've recently discovered a bus that will take me to the Okehampton area of Dartmoor - so when time and and injury from walking part of the Camino Frances in April allow, I've made some tentative trips out that way.  Not being a driver getting around can be interesting, especially as i never seem to manage to time the end of my walk right and usually have a nice long wait for the next bus.  On the plus side exercising my patience is beginning to pay off, either that or I am mellowing with age :)

At the moment I am part way through walking the Two Castles trail between Okehampton and Launceston and planning to follow the Tarka Trail from Landkey to Lynton.

Most of the time I walk alone, so I am glad this forum exists so I can share in other people's experiences and in time share my own.

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1174 on: 08:28:45, 27/08/13 »
welcome to the forum MissQ  O0
roll on the weekend

MissQ

« Reply #1175 on: 11:57:31, 27/08/13 »
Thanks Trenchfoot.

CsabiBp

« Reply #1176 on: 13:02:14, 31/08/13 »
It's good to be here :) If I become a Jr. Member (after 25+ posts), can I post external links  as well?

JimmyC

« Reply #1177 on: 10:54:24, 04/09/13 »
Hi all,

Been a member a while now so thought id say hi! I live in North Wales so keep my walking/hiking around the north/mid wales and of course Snowdonia, looking to branch out further thats why Iam looking for advice on walks :-)

Great website looking forward to learning lots :-)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1178 on: 18:21:12, 05/09/13 »
Hi Jimmy and welcome from the Peak District  O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

WalkingTim

« Reply #1179 on: 15:59:44, 17/09/13 »
Hi

I live next to the South Coastal Path in St Mawes, Cornwall and as well as walking regularly on it, also run a walking holiday business (Nearwater Walking Holidays) arranging walks along the path.  Hopefully my knowledge may come in useful for anyone interested in the path, especially the Cornwall sections

Tim

treehugger

• Account Closed
« Reply #1180 on: 16:04:47, 17/09/13 »
Hi

I live next to the South Coastal Path in St Mawes, Cornwall and as well as walking regularly on it, also run a walking holiday business (Nearwater Walking Holidays) arranging walks along the path.  Hopefully my knowledge may come in useful for anyone interested in the path, especially the Cornwall sections

Tim
Hi Tim from yorkshire :)

Andy Broadley

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1181 on: 18:20:34, 17/09/13 »
Hi Tim from yorkshire :)

No...Tim's from Cornwall....YOU are from Yorkshire. :D

Honestly TH...sometimes I despair. ;D ;D ;D

Hi Tim :) Welcome to WF. Greetings from North East Lincolnshire :)
The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step

Country Walking 1000 Mile Challenge 2017  623.5  miles :)

Oakleafman

« Reply #1182 on: 19:32:10, 17/09/13 »
Thanks for the welcome.

treehugger

• Account Closed
« Reply #1183 on: 19:35:27, 17/09/13 »
Thanks for the welcome.
Crikey, that's good going, being welcomed before you arrive! ;D  Welcome anyway.

Andy Broadley

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1184 on: 21:40:19, 17/09/13 »
Crikey, that's good going, being welcomed before you arrive! ;D  Welcome anyway.

Oakleafman...aka The Doctor :)

Welcome to our first time lord :)
The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step

Country Walking 1000 Mile Challenge 2017  623.5  miles :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy