Author Topic: Snowdon  (Read 5298 times)

cymru09

Snowdon
« on: 22:51:41, 13/07/08 »
Hi all, im looking for a campsite relatively close to snowdon. I want to be able to park up at the campsite and not use the car for the rest of the trip. Im not sure which other peaks i'll be visiting yet (if any). Can anyone recommend a site? I'd also appreciate hearing about any good walks in the area, pubs etc. Thanks  :)

cymru09

Re: Snowdon
« Reply #1 on: 22:28:18, 14/07/08 »
http://www.gwynant.com [nofollow]

This looks perfect  :)

Dave Wood

« Reply #2 on: 23:08:47, 14/07/08 »
Hi cymru09.

I posted a similar enquiry on the board a few weeks ago (see "Recommended Campsite") and had some some useful replies. The one at Nant Peris appears to be the the best situated for Snowdon, with a pub serving food just across the road.
Hoping to climb Snowdon via Crib Goch this Thursday and will check out the campsite while I am in the area.

False_Summit_Veteran

« Reply #3 on: 13:09:11, 15/07/08 »
http://www.gwynant.com

This looks perfect  :)

Stayed there at the end of last month.  It is a good spot for the Snowdon massif.  When I was there it was when there were gale warnings so it wasnt that full.  I'm off again at the end of this month, it's basic but well set out... and they let you burn an open fire.  The wardens are pretty laid back too.
Any Moel's a goal.

legs-o-lead

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:14:31, 29/08/08 »
Campsite at Llyn Gwynant - mega thumbs up from me  O0
Courage doesn't always roar like a lion. Sometimes courage is a small voice at the end of a long hard day saying "I'll try again tomorrow".

cymru09

« Reply #5 on: 12:38:27, 04/09/08 »
I went yesterday.....................and forgot my tent lmao  :D

Cat

« Reply #6 on: 17:03:12, 06/10/08 »
Stayed at Llyn Gwynant this weekend, would definately consider having bunks there next time, the facilities were good (heated toilet block) barn for cooking etc but after the weather had hit us hard, watching the clever fellas retreating to their bunks in the barn left us more than a little green.  In terms of pubs Llanberis left a little to be desired compared to Betws y Coed and even nant peris.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy