Author Topic: How to revive a failing down sleeping bag or quilt  (Read 502 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
I use a down sleeping quilt but have noticed that over the few years I've owned it it no longer seems to be as warm as it once was. I looked at the possibility of getting new down into the baffles, but to me the cost and the messing about didn't seem to be worth it. I considered buying a new one but in the end I decided I could improve my lot by putting an overblanket over it. I looked on line, some are very expensive.

In the end I settled on a £5.99 blanket from Decathlon. I've just folded it in half and stitched 3 sides of the rectangle, if its really cold I can stuff one or two items of clothing into it for even extra warmth. The rectangle is just clipped acrossways to my quilt, at my chest level and on my recent Gran Canaria hike it worked really well, I was as warm as toast. At one point I became too hot so just unclipped it and pushed it to one side. I became chilly about 5 am and so just pulled it over me again.

I didn't want to spend out a lot of money so my cheap little 'invention' has really pleased me.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy