Author Topic: TR The usual walk from my door Sat 2 May and Sun 3 May 20  (Read 961 times)

April

• Veteran Member
I did the usual pavement pounding to the footpath through the golf course. The ewes with their lambs were lying in the usual place in the avenue of trees where the footpath goes through. I think they are getting used to me because most of them didn't move even though I passed by no more than a foot away from some of them  :o

The obligatory lamb shot

Through the trees on the golf course

No 14 tee ahead. The sound of the birds here was lovely and for most of the walk. Once through Warwick Moor Wood, onto the road.

The road to Wetheral

The trees are lovely here, it isn't a bad road to walk on.

Footpath to the River Eden

Cows and St Paul's church at Holme Eden

The church was designed by John Dobson of Newcastle upon Tyne. I avoided the cows and climbed over the padlocked gate onto the lonnen, which is a right of way.

Looking back toward the padlocked gate

A sticker on one of the gateposts near the B6263

No argument from me.

More road walking followed until I reached the turn off for the footpath.

The footpath along the river Eden

Trees alongside the riverside path

This pheasant would not turn around so I could get a better photo
[

Bluebells in Wetheral Woods

Wetheral Parish Church beyond the gate

Bluebells near Wetheral Parish Church

Bluebells and Whitebells near Warwick Moor Wood

Sunny spells and light winds, a very enjoyable walk despite the fact I have done this walk quite a few times over the last few weeks! Home - Golf Course footpath - Warwick Moor Wood - footpath to B6263 - River Eden footpath - Wetheral Woods - Wetheral Priory Gateshouse - Wetheral - Railway footpath - Parklands - Warwick Moor Wood - Golf Course - Home. 9.75 miles 120m of ascent. 3 hours walking time and never more than 2.5 miles from home as the crow flies.

Sunday I did the same walk but in reverse order. I didn't take many photos; I didn't see anything I'd not posted already.

Bluebells and Pinkbells

The pheasant again

I got a photo of the pheasant side on this time; slightly blurred but it was moving.
Hate will never win

karl h

• Veteran Member
Lovely again A O0
BTW I've been looking back and on this day in 2014 me, you Beefy and Sue did Skiddaw by Ullock Pike.
 We must have been daft when we had all these local lanes and golf courses to walk round :D

April

• Veteran Member
 ;D

I still remember the look on Sue's face when beefy farted when we were sitting in the shelter on Skiddaw  ;D
Hate will never win

karl h

• Veteran Member
;D

I still remember the look on Sue's face when beefy farted when we were sitting in the shelter on Skiddaw  ;D

I'm going to write to Boris to see if we can have an indefinite lockdown for Beefy  ;D

beefy

• Veteran Member
Great pics Ape
I see the ewes were in the ewesual place ;D
Love the patterns and colours on the pheasant  O0
;D

Dont blame me that was you :D

I'm going to write to Boris to see if we can have an indefinite lockdown for Beefy  ;D 
Theres real venom in that  :o
Anyway just because you and Boris have the same barber doesn't mean you are mates
 ;D

Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

April

• Veteran Member

:o A tad harsh  :o

Anyway just because you and Boris have the same barber doesn't mean you are mates
 ;D

;D
Hate will never win

Mel

• Veteran Member
That woodland near the golf course looks a reet nice place for a snack stop, or mebby that bit of land with the tree branch and cows in, or even that lonnen after the padlocked gate..  ;)   

Jealous, as always, that you have lambsies on your walk  :'(

April

• Veteran Member
The lambs are lovely  :)

Wetheral Woods near the Eden looks like the best place for a break. About half way and I should be able to find somewhere next to the river away from the path  :)
Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member

Lovely pictures, you did well to catch the pheasant at all.

;D
If you really wanted to offend her you would say that they had the same political views!

pleb

• Veteran Member
Good good.  O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: TR The usual walk from my door Sat 2 May and Sun 3 May 20
« Reply #10 on: 11:05:44, 05/05/20 »
Looks a nice walk with interesting things to see.  Had to look up the word 'lonnen'.

I'm still enjoying following regular routes from home. It's really opened my eyes to what's nearby and made me more aware of the day to day seasonal changes.

Don't much like today's seasonal change though
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 12:08:44, 05/05/20 »
Looks a nice walk with interesting things to see.  Had to look up the word 'lonnen'.
Me too! That’s my learning for the day!

Lovely pics April, everything is so green now isn’t it? What’s with all these bluebell photos, I counted three different places you saw them. Me jealous? No  :D

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 13:49:05, 05/05/20 »
Lovely photos April    :)    The tree-shaded walk by the river looks beautiful

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 15:12:14, 05/05/20 »
Make that 3 for looking up lonnen. A lane or street.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 15:20:56, 05/05/20 »
Nice..!
& that footpath along the river Eden looks a beauty.  O0
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy