Author Topic: Hiking Grande Randonnee routes in France  (Read 1127 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Hiking Grande Randonnee routes in France
« on: 18:16:47, 11/05/19 »
I noticed today that the site www.gr-infos.com site has reorganised itself, the routes are now displayed in a much easier to understand format. This site is my first point of call when I want to choose a French hiking route, every route across the land clearly displayed. The opening map certainly highlights the extensive choice that's offered all over the land. Gr-infos also offer an app but I cannot seem to download it, I'll try and figure it out later.

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
Re: Hiking Grande Randonnee routes in France
« Reply #1 on: 08:00:37, 12/05/19 »
Thanks for highlighting this site.....didn't know of this being available.

I had a quick look at my favourite route in France...not that I had done more than a handful. In Corsica the information for the celebrated route down the spine of the island has perhaps not caught up with the disaster that happened on stage four a few years ago.
The map information/route shows the stage through the Cirque de la Solitude where at least seven walkers lost their lives, some of them still buried under the debris, resulting in a re-routing  over terrain very close to the summit of Monte Cintu.  A new stage that takes the walkers over an additional 600 metres or so of extra ascending.
I think that it is appropriate that the old stage four terrain is left in solitude.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy