Author Topic: Looking to hike in Scotland this Summer. Male, 30.  (Read 991 times)

SecondMax

Hey all,

I do a 'big walk once a year. Most of the time in Scotland, though do some in Wales too. Thinking of doing the Speyside Way or Southern Uplands this year. I do about 100+ miles. Not a particularly fast walker, just there for the fun of it. I take everything I need, never done hotel along the way. Bout 15 miles a day ish. I've done the West Highland Way, Southern Uplands, Great Glen Way, Snowdonia. I'm 30, male, graduate, working professional in a relationship. I like reading (Terry Pratchett, Asimov, Steinbeck, and Garfield), playing guitar (The Decemberists, Nirvana, Cage the Elephant, Jeff Buckley), skipping stones and wondering things like, 'why isn't there an Anne Frank movie?' Lived abroad for a few years and been as far as Africa. Love a good gherkin too. Anyhoo, anyone wanna join for a Summer walk, probably around 5 ish days of walking in Scotland? Hit me up.

harland

• Veteran Member
Re: Looking to hike in Scotland this Summer. Male, 30.
« Reply #1 on: 11:43:35, 11/01/21 »
Why are you thinking of walking the Southern Upland Way again which, of course, is some 214 miles from end to end? The Speyside Way is a bit short of what you would like at some 66 miles.

SecondMax

« Reply #2 on: 11:56:13, 11/01/21 »
Hi Harland,

Well, I'd only be doing the second half. I stopped in Sanquhar the last time, want to finish it off. But I've done other walks multiple times before. Done the West Highland Way twice. 66 miles is fine too.main thing is to just get out there, the rest usually falls into place.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:53:37, 11/01/21 »
Welcome to the forum from a damp squib of a day in Cornwall.  There a several movies about Anne Frank. :(

On a happier note.  Skipping stones is a favourite secret pleasure of mine.  Only Saturday I was giving my daughter, a little older than your good self, yet another lesson.  She's getting there.  O0

SecondMax

« Reply #4 on: 14:30:12, 11/01/21 »
Hey BuzyG,

Haha, cheers! Yeah, where's this snow everyone else is talking about? I recently moved to Berkshire (from Scotland originally). Right you are. Good stuff. Always good to have a life skill like that. 

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 14:36:52, 11/01/21 »
Hey BuzyG,

Haha, cheers! Yeah, where's this snow everyone else is talking about? I recently moved to Berkshire (from Scotland originally). Right you are. Good stuff. Always good to have a life skill like that.

There has been plenty of that snow stuff down here.  I built a snowman up on Sharp tor, by Lidford, there are several sharp tors on Dartmoor, any how he was still there when I revisited the tor 10 days later.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:25:22, 11/01/21 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire. We had snow and ice, but today’s rain has melted that. From the forecast I thought that we may have been due some more snow today, but it appears we are on the liquid side of the boundary.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy